F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2nd bloody Car Park Ding
Studio RSR

05-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 420d xdrive M Sport

2nd bloody Car Park Ding

Bloody pigging Hell.

Car now 3 weeks old, and 2nd car park ding from another useless F**Wad who parked too close and opened his door onto my car.

Enoughs enough. He was still parked there when I got back and noticed the dent so I left a note on his car asking him to call me to work out repair/spray costs.

Got pictures of my car next to his, the dings in my car, the door seal of his car which includes my bloody paintwork.

Lets see if he/she calls.

*RANTING*
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

Where? Supermarket? Train station?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Train station. Parked as far away s possible from other cars, and he decides to park next to me in a massive (dirty, rusty) 4x4.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
gadget32
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive

Garage List
Wankers!
My mate does paintless dent removal, he would take them out for you for about £50
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
ewanmac
Captain
Rep
Drives: m140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffab
Bloody pigging Hell.

Car now 3 weeks old, and 2nd car park ding from another useless F**Wad who parked too close and opened his door onto my car.

Enoughs enough. He was still parked there when I got back and noticed the dent so I left a note on his car asking him to call me to work out repair/spray costs.

Got pictures of my car next to his, the dings in my car, the door seal of his car which includes my bloody paintwork.

*RANTING*
Same thing happened to me. W@nker in a ford ka never phoned. I contacted the police with photo evidence but they wouldn't do anything about it - just said it was an unfortunate accident.
      05-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I will go via insurance. Its a cival not criminal matter, so police wont do a hing unless he is speedin
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewanmac View Post
Same thing happened to me. W@nker in a ford ka never phoned. I contacted the police with photo evidence but they wouldn't do anything about it - just said it was an unfortunate accident.
Fortunately it is classed as an accident (sorry in your case).

Imagine if it was not classed as an accident, all those oxygen thieves would park inches from you knowing you would touch their car, get photos before and after and be claiming for everything.

Unfortunately, it does rely on the other person owning up and taking responsibility.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #8
335i nthehouse
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Wow this really sends me nuts. Especially when you park miles away from other cars, I hope they reimburse you - but the type of people who do this invariably are inconsiderate and won't do the right thing I suspect
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
ewanmac
Captain
Rep
Drives: m140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewanmac View Post

Imagine if it was not classed as an accident, all those oxygen thieves would park inches from you knowing you would touch their car, get photos before and after and be claiming for everything.

Unfortunately, it does rely on the other person owning up and taking responsibility.
That's true I suppose. Still frustrating though! Now I park at the furthest away space possible. If I see someone next to me, I get very upset. People must think I am mad talking to myself as I approach my car!
      05-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffab View Post
Bloody pigging Hell.

*RANTING*
I feel for you mate. I always curse when I see a heap parked next to my car knowing there's a good chance I've been done over

I parked in a John Lewis parking space a single one on its own out if the way, on the way back to the car in horror I notice some see you next Tuesday is parked behind me inches from my car. But of course 2/3rds of their car is out of the space!

I noticed a faint line of the number plate edged in the dirt on my bumper. I was going to leave a note but left it as there was no damage. Until I washed the car yesterday and noticed the screw holes or something did!

Not the end of the world but I can't believe people use the car in front as a guide when to stop. Of course it was some heap as well

I really don't know how I would react if I caught them red handed but it would not not been pleasant.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #11
mproudfoot
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d F31 M Sport

I stopped parking in empty spaces away from other cars for just this reason - you just don't know who will park next to you. Instead I try and find a space next to another nice (or nicer) car - basically a car where there's a higher chance that the owner may respect his own car enough to be a bit more careful.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #12
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
You have my sympathies as I've been a victim of this more than once.

I always wondered why sometimes when you park in a car park space miles away with no other cars around, you then return to find some feckwit right next to you. Explanation I've heard is that some people have a complete inability to park properly in a space and need another car as a 'reference point' so they can line their car up. If that's true then these people need shooting in the face.

And don't get me started on these 'Barely Legal Drivers' (BBC 3) who scrape and bash other cars in car parks and think it's funny!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01xyrw3

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #13
Mattjkilo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK
You have my sympathies as I've been a victim of this more than once.

I always wondered why sometimes when you park in a car park space miles away with no other cars around, you then return to find some feckwit right next to you. Explanation I've heard is that some people have a complete inability to park properly in a space and need another car as a 'reference point' so they can line their car up. If that's true then these people need shooting in the face.

And don't get me started on these 'Barely Legal Drivers' (BBC 3) who scrape and bash other cars in car parks and think it's funny!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01xyrw3
Just watched a few of the videos on that link....I had to stop watching....

In the last week I've watched two people scrape a car and begin to drive off....that was until I stopped them and informed them I've been witness to their crimes....on both counts they tried denying it at first....terrible.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #14
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
I dont get it. Whats an accident? It should not matter if its an accident or deliberate - if somebody caused damage, then they should have t pay to make good.

Otherwise, I could have an accident and drop a club hammer on the front of their car, or accidentally sprinkle lots of screws in front of their tires. Or just park next to them, and open my door REALLY fooking hard against their car over, and over and over - oh, its an accident!!!

And surprise, surprise, its 9:30pm and no call.

Debating if its worth calling the insurance company and giving them the other cars details or not. Dont want to make matters worse and increase my premiums.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #15
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update - had to park in the same car park this morning, and parked between two bright new jags to limit this happening again. The 4x4 is still there, still with my note on the dash, so must have parked overnight as well and not seen the note.

Sigh.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #16
Skindog
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Luxury

I'm like you. I park in end of line spaces or miles from others, which always winds the misses up. As a rule I never park next to cars with kids chairs in. ( mothers always like a bit of space to get kids in and out of cars) kids just don't think when they get out of cars. I alwYs look for cameras in the carparks too and try and find a space facing them. Again for evidence if needed. Joe public which does not have a passion for cars will never understand our passion.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #17
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Gutted. Mine has been doored too I was lucky with my previous cars as I avoided it but one day the wind was wicked and thats when it got done.

I try not to look at it it isn't bad but I know it's there! Id get it fixed but the mrs is in maternity leave with a little one due any day. So in the grand scheme of things is not that important right now. The cars still awesome
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #18
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Not to keen on reading these threads on damage to motors, due to folk that couldn't give a f""k.
Hope it gets sorted without much expense.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:34 AM   #19
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks awful but you could go for so something like this...http://www.cmgdistributions.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:30 AM   #20
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkidrew View Post
Looks awful but you could go for so something like this...http://www.cmgdistributions.co.uk
Didnt know these existed. Might think about these - after all, they may look awful, but I wont see them if my car is parked in a car park and thats the only time they would be on. And if the colour sort of matches the car paint....

A little pricey, and they will no grammer awards...

"...your personal design printed onto it. "

Onto it? Really?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:50 AM   #21
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

yep, dont look too bad in black either. Would make you feel more relaxed when you head off on the train.

amazon seem to sell them too...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doordefender...oor+protectors
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #22
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You know, one of these might just be going on my birthday/christmas/i-have-spare-cash list. Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0