F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > It's finally here
GetBMWParts

05-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Talking It's finally here

Well after a last minute hiccup I collected my new f31 today

To say I'm chuffed would be an understatement! Smooth and effortless I think would sum up my thoughts so far, I'm loving the look I've gone with and even without the PPK it is no slouch!

Much quieter than the outgoing Kia sportage and the seats are sooo much more comfortable.

I'm noticing a lot of nice little touches and I've got to say I'm really impressed.

The only hiccup was iphone connectivity. I have a 5 and a 5s and thought we'd try them in the car whilst at the dealers, we tried two different y cables from BMW and neither would work with either phone.......

It looks like I'll be spending some time now filling my memory stick with music to keep it simple

After finding a long route home (unfortunately it threw it down for most of it ) I had to do some work before getting a very quick wash and polish, only one coat of colonite, and poorboys on the wheels but looking much better for it already, I'll try and get another coat on at the weekend...

Finally a few pictures, only on the phone so not great quality, if the weathers kind and I can get another polish done at the weekend I'll try and get some better pictures....

Out with the old and into something so completely different it's difficult to fully appreciate!

Ade
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Looking very nice.....

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #3
gadget32
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive

Garage List
Very nice. They look great in black. What's the spec?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
smudge973
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d Msport - no longer

Stunning. Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm loving the black! I personally love how it's understated but also imposing? Can't figure out how it manages it :-D

Spec is
F31 330 msport
Sapphire black
Msport plus pack
Vis pack
Adaptive suspension
Folding mirrors
Lumbar aupport
Black grilles
M Performance front splitter
And PPK to be fitted when it arrives... Pencilled in for Monday but we'll see....
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

Looks mean as hell with the front lip, in black etc. congratulations, it will have been worth the wait!!
      05-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Looks gorgeous!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 02:50 AM   #8
Bizcam
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F31 330d xD M Sport

Look's great. The front is growing on me each time i look at the picture. I may consider having the same when i upgrade .Enjoy keep it clean
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:14 AM   #9
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Great looking car. I'm convinced all M-Sport 3 series look better with a black grill. It just gives it a sharper nose. The splitter takes it one stage further. Not sure my drive would allow one on mine.

Enjoy the weekend and on Monday the PPK.
      05-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #10
dannywooly77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive

Looks great, now for the rest of the M Performance kit

335d xDrive M Sport Black Saphire, Pro Nav, MSport+, Adaptive Suspension, Performance Kit
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 05:47 AM   #11
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks gents, as I mentioned I'm really pleased with it.

I can already feel the cleaning gremlins lurking..... I keep looking at the wheels and the amount of break dust and thinking I can't start cleaning them daily, the wife would think I'm mad!

One of her friends commented that she thinks it looks like Batmans family car! I'm not sure if she meant it as the compliment that I'm taking it as

Danny I think i'll leave it as is for now... the front was the only part that I kept looking at and questioning the looks. The grille and splitter have well and truly sorted that out so i'll see how I go with it.... Plus the money went on the PPK which should also be fun

I think the more "determined" front end really changes how people view the car though. In my Kia I can drive around motorways, dual carriage ways etc and people just sit in the fast lane and simply won't move over. I've been on the same road and driving the same or more steadily (rain and new car...) and people seem to jump out of the way as soon as i'm anywhere near them? I shan't complain about that though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #12
dannywooly77
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post

I can already feel the cleaning gremlins lurking..... I keep looking at the wheels and the amount of break dust and thinking I can't start cleaning them daily, the wife would think I'm mad!
I know what you mean i keep cleaning mine, but the wheels i like them a little dirty they look gun metal grey and i like that!

335d xDrive M Sport Black Saphire, Pro Nav, MSport+, Adaptive Suspension, Performance Kit
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #13
Apl440i or 335d?
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D

WOW Beautiful!
      05-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #14
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:

One of her friends commented that she thinks it looks like Batmans family car! I'm not sure if she meant it as the compliment that I'm taking it as

Danny I think i'll leave it as is for now... the front was the only part that I kept looking at and questioning the looks. The grille and splitter have well and truly sorted that out so i'll see how I go with it.... Plus the money went on the PPK which should also be fun

I think the more "determined" front end really changes how people view the car though. In my Kia I can drive around motorways, dual carriage ways etc and people just sit in the fast lane and simply won't move over. I've been on the same road and driving the same or more steadily (rain and new car...) and people seem to jump out of the way as soon as i'm anywhere near them? I shan't complain about that though.

Excellent looking car and lovely spec, must be a huge change from a Kia sport age.

Regarding the wheels, personally I would either look at sealing them (Gtechniq ) or get some PTFE type wax on (swissvax autobahn) or some fk1000p.
For cleaning them get some wheel woollies might look pricey but trust me it's money well spent and makes cleaning them a doddle.

Happy driving .
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #15
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Wheel Woolies.

http://www.wheelwoolies.com

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wheel-Woolie.../dp/B00FQKOI7A

Swissvax Autobahn

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-autobahn.html

Poorboys wheel sealant is good as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #16
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

As much as I love cars when I had the company ones I've just used them and all was fine. When getting out of the scheme and buying for myself I had to have something more involving and suddenly realise just how long ive been "making do" with a car that dos the job, rather than one that does it really well but also has a bit more going on

I've sealed the wheels with poorboys and it does seem to be making the water (there is plenty here at the moment) fall of them quite well so hoping cleaning with be simple enough.

Those woollies look fantastic though. I have got myself an EZ detail brush from clean your car, but fell foul of "it's a lot bigger than it looks in the pictures" and find it a bit cumbersome for cleaning the wheels. There could be an amazon purchase in my future... Thanks for the recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #17
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Monday confirmed for PPK fitting

It'll be interesting to feel the difference. I at least have the weekend to commit to memory how the current setup feels.

Predictably I've also ordered the wheel woollies, i'll report back with my verdict when I get a chance to test them out.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #18
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Looking superb Ade. That front lip on a black car looks immense....sports hearse!
      05-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #19
dannywooly77
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterM4 View Post
That front lip on a black car looks immense
It really does!

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #20
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

"sports hearse"

I guess it'll get you your final resting place a little quicker than the normal ones

I really am pleased I went for the lip, it's pretty close to kerbs when parking though. I may have to reverse park everywhere just to be sure it stays put.....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #21
dannywooly77
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
"sports hearse"

I guess it'll get you your final resting place a little quicker than the normal ones

I really am pleased I went for the lip, it's pretty close to kerbs when parking though. I may have to reverse park everywhere just to be sure it stays put.....
And in style, would be my funeral car of choice or an RS6!!

I was worried about mine clipping a large speed hump going into my estate, but measuring it I have 1/2 a centimetre so good as long as I don't leave in a rush!

But yes the kerbs need to be watched from all sides but the rear, need a parking sensor of its own

Appreciate 0