F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Crapple! Beats Audio shutting down MOG, Purchased by Apple
proTUNING Freaks

05-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
gomichaelkgo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Crapple! Beats Audio shutting down MOG, Purchased by Apple

Geez!

The only useable streaming music app for IDrive is really in trouble now. MOG is great because it deals with driving through cell dead zones flawlessly. The music just starts playing when the signal comes back. The service will soon shutter because of the Beats acquisition.

Unfortunately, MOG was purchased by Beats Audio, and now Beats Audio may be acquired by Apple!

It seems as the streaming music app in its current incarnation is doomed.

Lets hope either a better solution comes from Apple or that the Deezer service comes to the USA. Pandora is out because their app gets stuck in "Offline Mode" whenever you drive through a tunnel.

Last edited by gomichaelkgo; 05-08-2014 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
skullydazed
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 328d

MOG has been going away since January, you can't really blame that on Apple. Granted, if you don't like Apple now is not the time to switch from MOG to Beats, but MOG was never going to stay around once Beats' streaming service got started.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
Mobster1983
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Do you have an iPhone? If so, try out iTunes Radio. Works great with the BMW system and just like you mentioned, will start off playing at the same spot if you happen to lose the signal. It will even start back up the next day if you were playing it when you stopped your car.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
gomichaelkgo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

I do, but it's an old iPhone4 which stays in the car 100% of the time in the cradle. It's jailbroken to add a few features:
It wakes itself up without the lock screen when I start the car.
I had a tweak for video out which I could see via the Plug-In interface. I could see any app on the iDrive screen, which was handy.

To use iTunes radio, I'd have to update it to iOS7 (slow or impossible on the iPhone 4 I forget) and re-jailbreak it.

With iTunes radio, can you browse playlists, make new stations etc. through iDrive, or do you have to pick up the phone to do that?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
Mobster1983
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomichaelkgo View Post

With iTunes radio, can you browse playlists, make new stations etc. through iDrive, or do you have to pick up the phone to do that?
Saved iTunes Radio Playlists will show up on your Playlist menu in the car. You have to use the phone itself to browse thru new ones.
Appreciate 0