F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Processor/DSP
GetBMWParts

06-02-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
Sleepwalker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 320d M-Sport

Processor/DSP

Hi!

I need a processor/DSP for my stereo upgrade project. But can't deside witch one to choose. Here's the ones I've been lookin at;

Alpine PXE-H650/660
JL Audio Cleansweep
JBL MS-8

I want to be able to use the factory volume knob and steeringwheel. As from what I have been reading that can't be done with the JL Audio Cleansweep (It will mess up the signal)

With the Alpine PXE-H650/660 I can use the factory knobs without messing up the signal, but have been reading that the sound quallity is not that great.

Help me choose, any other units you would recommend?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
mitsuba
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 328i Sport 2014

Audison Bitone

I checked your options when I bought mine. I also checked others too, but ended with Audison Bit-one, with no cleansweep.

The control is hidden in armrest, and even though there's a volume knob, I never use it, but my factory unit's.

Hope that his helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
Sleepwalker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 320d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuba View Post
I checked your options when I bought mine. I also checked others too, but ended with Audison Bit-one, with no cleansweep.

The control is hidden in armrest, and even though there's a volume knob, I never use it, but my factory unit's.

Hope that his helps.
You just added one more dsp to my list, hehe. But thanks for the tip

I think I'm going for the Alpine dsp, unless someone have som really bad things to say about it.

It's deffently the cheapest of those that I listed, and seems pretty straight forward to setup and easy to use.
Appreciate 0