E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help! Depo Lights & HID Kit

06-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Poison Dwarf
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Msport

Help! Depo Lights & HID Kit

Hello

This is a bit of a desperate plea as I am half way through doing a DEPO headlight install and have hit a problem.

Having gone to install them today my existing HID has what appears to be a H7 connection. This means they do not fit in the Morimoto H1 with the current adapter leaving me a little confused as to what I should do.

It is my understanding that included in the box with the Morimoto Mini 6.0 kit there should be a H7 adapter, if this is true.. I cannot see that this was sent with the lights, can anyone please confirm? (I have been in touch with the team that built them) Fingers crossed this is all I need to solve the problem.

If not perhaps you can give me some advice on what I do need, can I replace the bulb for one that fits using the existing ballast? The current HID kit works without error.

My issue is that the bulb does not sit flash on the Projector because of the rubber surrounding it, if possible could anyone recommend a bulb that will work?

I have attached some pictures to give you a better understanding of what I am talking about, thanks once again for all the help.

This is my current bulb;

The labeling on it

Fitting on projector

The ballast I am using for the HID
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
DuckySpud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Touring

As far as Im aware the Morimoto Mini is a H1 bulb fitting. Easiest option would be to change to some H1 bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Poison Dwarf
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Msport

Thanks for the quick reply.

So I am right in thinking any H1 bulb would work in replacement of the H7. I'm thinking it might be a stupid question but wanted to be sure :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
dinanm3atl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP 70 Olds 442 F31 Diesel

If you get the Morimoto Mini H1 the actual housing allows for 'bolting' into the other styles. No accept the other bulb types. IE there are some housings that you can remove the housing from the car, take apart the housing and the projector will bolt in via the adapters.

H1 bulb though into the housing
Appreciate 0