E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 08 e90 335i fog light malfunction

06-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Madams08
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 335i sedan

08 e90 335i fog light malfunction

I bought a hid kit and installed and everything worked fine for the first 3 months then the right side ballast malfunctioned. I got a free replacement ballast and it worked. And now about a week ago the left side malfunctioned so instead of getting another replacement I just got a whole new kit that should be better protected against radio interference also.

Of course I started with the left side and got it all hooked up, tested it out and the fog light never shuts off until I disconnect a plug pertaining to it. It will stay off until I put the key in and push the start button for accessory position or start the car.

I tried all components from either side any combination to see if I had a bad part. No change. I got frustrated so I went to the other side that still had the working fog light from the previous kit. That side functions properly with the new kit.

I then took the old components and tried them on the faulty side and determined something is wrong with the electrical system between the switch and the left fog light.

I'm open for any suggestions on where I should start my search of possible problems like specific fuses or relays for the specific fog light, or a reason why one side remains on and other side functions like normal.

Oem bulb does the same thing as a reference also.
Appreciate 0