01-23-2019, 02:40 AM   #4
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farravi View Post
As the title suggest, is it at all possible to install the Adaptive / ICON LED’s to a vehicle with the standard setup?

I am looking to purchase a used pair of headlights, looking to buy one from EU if the price is right.

I take it, it doesn’t really matter if the set came off from a Left hand or Right hand vehicle, when coding it in, the option to change the setting for a right hand or left hand car should become available?

Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

UK late 2017 530e.
Have a read of this thread: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1574912

If you have RHD and switch the headlights for Europe (LHD), then the High Beam Assist no longer works. I've not tried myself as I don't really use the HBA! I'll give it a blast next month when I'm heading into France. Anyway my point is , if you buy a LHD and then switch to RHD (via iDrive menu), it could render the HBA useless.

Agreed the ICON's do look pretty cool but IHMO not worth 2.6K, your better off buying some LED turn bulbs from someone like HorizonLED and then coding the bulbs in.
Appreciate 0