BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
inspiredautoworks
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Having a idle/acceleration problem

Hey guys, need some help with a problem I have been having with my 08 128i. The car has a random misfire while idling sometimes, which is especially noticeable if the A/C system is turned on. It feels as if the car wants to stall for a brief second, but it remains fine after the short cut out. The car also does this occasionally while driving, and when it happens at the shifting points in Drive (Vehicle is Automatic) it feels as if the shift is a bit clunky. I would say that it is safe to rule out a trans fault as the majority of the time it happens is at idle. I thought maybe the clutch system for the A/C was just switching on, but for a newer vehicle such as this I would hope not. The more I have driven it the more occasional it has become, with or without the A/C being on. The other issue I have had is the gas gauge does not give a accurate reading all the time, and when the stutter occurs the gauge jumps up or down. I think it is related but not quite sure. If anyone has had the same or a similar issue I would greatly appreciate the advice, or a resolution to the problems I am running into. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0