BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
Teeopi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E92 M3

Little bad buying experience

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002890
So I bought this MPE exhaust from a forum member this month, (and he listed a great condition on his thread, but after I opened the TERRIBLE box today, well reason I say that is because it's just a poor thin furniture box. And inside the box, whooooh shoot... only a few bubble wraps and all rest were mailbox ads. Speechless. Glad it didn't damage during shipping.

Then took a look of the exhaust, one bend on one connecting pipe, a little bends on heat shield, one bend on the left side of the muffler. Speechless again.

Then I peeled the tape on the tips. Word. How smart he taped them all up in selling thread and didn't mention anything and how stupid I am didn't ask at all and assumed it was "good".

End, no clamps in the box that he stated in his thread.

Just a little bad experience, and wish there is no problem with the bends, thinking polish the tips a bit try if it may look better, sigh.

Good luck everyone on your purchase on forum and never forget to ask more info.

Last edited by Teeopi; 08-06-2014 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

yeah, you lost me with "on bend" and "word"...and such...

Did you at least pay a good price for it?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Make sure you leave feedback on the itrader rating.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
Teeopi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
yeah, you lost me with "on bend" and "word"...and such...

Did you at least pay a good price for it?
Excuse my typo :P

Well, price is how much used market estimates and since I paid US custom brokerage fee cuz it was shipped from canada, I don't consider it a good price
      08-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Why make this post if you're not going to name who you boughtit from??

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-07-2014 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #6
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Pics don't work.
Why make this post if you're not going to name who you boughtit from??

He was called out earlier, this thread has been "modified", magically.
      08-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Are you going to call the guy out? Ask for a partial refund? PayPal dispute? The ad said like new and from what those pics show it sure doesn't look like new.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
Teeopi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq
Are you going to call the guy out? Ask for a partial refund? PayPal dispute? The ad said like new and from what those pics show it sure doesn't look like new.
Yeah, worked a little refund out for the missing clamps
      08-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Too bad, because it does look like a very low hours exhaust other than all the dings and scratches from mis-handling. On the plus side, very little of the exhaust is actually visible when on the car (and not on a lift), and most of the stock clamps transfer over to the MPE.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #10
Teeopi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
Too bad, because it does look like a very low hours exhaust other than all the dings and scratches from mis-handling. On the plus side, very little of the exhaust is actually visible when on the car (and not on a lift), and most of the stock clamps transfer over to the MPE.
Yeah true, but MPE needs clamps that tight connecting pipes and muffler, they are not welded. But luckily I got some band clamps at my local shop
      08-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #11
diM-_-
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Well what do you know.. I just purchased a OEM CF spoiler in "immaculate" condition from the SAME seller. - http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1015383

He packaged it up just like how yours is.. beat up box, crap newspaper and bubble wrap.

I received and opened the box at UPS's facility with the surveillance camera to record it and employees around just to verify if it came in damaged..it did.. a crack right in the middle of the spoiler.

Now he's saying that it isn't his fault and it's either UPS or me.. I'm like are you kidding me? He shipped it out in a shotty box with insufficient packaging and he expects UPS to refund him first before he refunds me.. oh and that brokerage fee that he knew nothing about.. yea he did.. he played dumb and made you pay a "shipped" price and not informing you about the additional cost once that parts arrive to you.

I hope you fight it with PayPal cause that's what I'm doing currently right now. Thanks for sharing this post. I'm definitely informing Paypal about this.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Attached Images

Last edited by diM-_-; 08-07-2014 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 12:12 AM   #12
PerfM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Space, E92 M3 Techno

My advise, get yourself an Amex and never look back. IMO its the most customer friendly CC out there. In these situations, you would have paypal and Amex fighting for you to make things right. I don't know about you but I work hard for my money and wouldn't ever let a seller like that take advantage of me...
      08-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #13
diM-_-
Enlisted Member
Rep

Here's a screenshot of part of the convo today as proof that he knew damn well he shipped it with insufficient packaging -
View post on imgur.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #14
Teeopi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by diM-_-
Well what do you know.. I just purchased a OEM CF spoiler in "immaculate" condition from the SAME seller.

He packaged it up just like how yours is.. beat up box, crap newspaper and bubble wrap.

I received and opened the box at UPS's facility with the surveillance camera to record it and employees around just to verify if it came in damaged..it did.. a crack right in the middle of the spoiler.

Now he's saying that it isn't his fault and it's either UPS or me.. I'm like are you kidding me? He shipped it out in a shotty box with insufficient packaging and he expects UPS to refund him first before he refunds me.. oh and that brokerage fee that he knew nothing about.. yea he did.. he played dumb and made you pay a "shipped" price and not informing you about the additional cost once that parts arrive to you.

I hope you fight it with PayPal cause that's what I'm doing currently right now. Thanks for sharing this post. I'm definitely informing Paypal about this.
Reason I don't fight with it either or paypal is sometime it wastes ur time and drives u in bad mood which doesn't worth it.
I'm pretty over it cuz I take that as a lesson and moving on is better than being stuck with the problem.

Your case, maybe try get a shop to re clear coating to make the crack less visible?

Good luck anyway

Last edited by Teeopi; 08-07-2014 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #15
Teeopi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERFM3
My advise, get yourself an Amex and never look back. IMO its the most customer friendly CC out there. In these situations, you would have paypal and Amex fighting for you to make things right. I don't know about you but I work hard for my money and wouldn't ever let a seller like that take advantage of me...
I have Amex gold rewards, how does that making into transactions among private parties on forum? If I get that right
      08-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #16
diM-_-
Enlisted Member
Rep

This guy just sold us both two items that were suppose to be in "great/immaculate" condition and they both came in with dings and cracks and he stiffed us both on additional brokerage fees.. na man.. that's not cool at all.

Don't let people like this get over you man.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 12:36 AM   #17
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by diM-_- View Post
This guy just sold us both two items that were suppose to be in "great/immaculate" condition and they both came in with dings and cracks and he stiffed us both on additional brokerage fees.. na man.. that's not cool at all.

Don't let people like this get over you man.
You could have gotten the spoiler brand new from a dealer here for just 25 more than what you paid. I would fight and get my money back.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #18
diM-_-
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
You could have gotten the spoiler brand new from a dealer here for just 25 more than what you paid. I would fight and get my money back.
No kidding. I thought I was getting a deal at 400 shipped. I wasn't aware of the spoiler going for 425-450.

Turns out I'm paying 400 plus brokerage fees +40.

What bugs me is this guy had the audacity to get fed up with me when I did nothing wrong. I paid him in full and trusted him. Now he expects me to deal with UPS about the package while he sits on my money. No thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #19
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquipoiseExotic View Post
2300$ bumppppp thing is like new. clamps included.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:14 AM   #20
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

You guys should post your links on his for sale threads. Couldn't help it. I did it for you.

I'm really surprised the mods here edited his name on the OP's post. So much for looking out for forum members.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #21
jcf1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

This really sucks and is massively disappointing. I hate to say this, but you guys might have a hard time fighting this because he's in Canada. If this ends up having legal repercussions for the seller, it's going to be hard/expensive to find a resolution.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #22
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

This is why I don't like to buy from guys with no iTrade ratings. I know things happen during shipping. Heck, I've shipped wheels that I will admit where not packed properly and got damaged during shipping. But you have to owe up to your mistake and refund. That's only right.

Good luck with the claims guys.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0