BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-31-2014, 06:30 AM   #1
mbergan
Rep
Drives: M3

Vmax Increase

Hi,

Just bought an 09 M3 with DKG.

I found this dvd in the glove department. Does this mean that my car is delimited?

Car is imported from Germany to Norway so I was first bought in Germany.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergan View Post
Hi,

Just bought an 09 M3 with DKG.

I found this dvd in the glove department. Does this mean that my car is delimited?

Car is imported from Germany to Norway so I was first bought in Germany.

Congrats & Welcome !
It's only good news...
The previous owner of your car had the ///M Drivers Package (SA7ME) out of the factory or had the retrofit after ,so your V/Max is increased from 250 km/h => "280 km/h !"
Cost price was "2,450 Euro" and includes as well a BMW Intensive training on the racetrack !
So download here and learn more about the ///M Drivers Package ,the Email Adress was also on the box of your DVD=>http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&...Wu-L87sQvKEuGA
Note ; When German ///M3 and with ///M Driver Package.... means that your car was driven very fast on the Deutsche Autobahn !
How many miles or km's do you have on it ?
And of course we want to see pics of your car like always.......

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-31-2014 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Congrats and welcoma man! Can't be too many M3' around with the norwedian crazy high car taxes?

Have the drivers paon on mine as well, didnt know there was a video coming with it. Let me know if it is any interesting!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
mbergan
Rep

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems to be retrofitted as when I type in the VIN on a VIN decoder this option is not listed. I also have the rear spoiler (I thought that was a standard item)

The car is a 2009 with 45k km. It has been sitting one year in germany at the dealership when new. It was imported in 2013 to Norway where it has been a demo car at a car dealer. It has only done 300km in the last year or so.

There is very few M3s in Norway in general because of the tax system. The car was priced at 200k euro when new in 2009. I paid around 85k euro for it now. Not cheap, but very fun :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Ouch, "det kostar att ligga på topp" ..😊

Again, great move!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems to be retrofitted as when I type in the VIN on a VIN decoder this option is not listed. I also have the rear spoiler (I thought that was a standard item)

The car is a 2009 with 45k km. It has been sitting one year in germany at the dealership when new. It was imported in 2013 to Norway where it has been a demo car at a car dealer. It has only done 300km in the last year or so.

There is very few M3s in Norway in general because of the tax system. The car was priced at 200k euro when new in 2009. I paid around 85k euro for it now. Not cheap, but very fun :-)
Check when the last oil change was done ASAP !
Indeed our cars are very fun but not always my friend ! Not sure if you know about our damn bearings that's why I was aking about your last oil change => Learn here about the big problem of our cars =>http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786615
So I'm realy curious...Did you knew about it ?
About the damn taxes,it's the same thing here ! But it seems to be worse in Norway .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Go easy on the viking Phillippe, good advice to check the fluids but lets not assume all S65' goes down. Again, so far seems like a very a N.A. concentrated issue...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
mbergan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Check when the last oil change was done ASAP !
Indeed our cars are very fun but not always my friend ! Not sure if you know about our damn bearings that's why I was aking about your last oil change => Learn here about the big problem of our cars =>http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786615
So I'm realy curious...Did you knew about it ?
About the damn taxes,it's the same thing here ! But it seems to be worse in Norway .
It was changed about 6 months ago.. and it was done only 150km in that time so no need to worry about oil change in my view. I also decided to go for a "engine and drivetrain" insurance so they will cover it at a minimal cost if I get any engine or drivetrain problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
krx927
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Go easy on the viking Phillippe, good advice to check the fluids but lets not assume all S65' goes down. Again, so far seems like a very a N.A. concentrated issue...
Indeed!

On the other hand, it costs about 15 tanks of gas (or the equivalent of 4 new tires and a set of front pads) to change the damn barrings. Of course if you do it before they spin...
I do not know why everybody is making such a big deal out of it?!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
No worries my friend...I know what you mentioned and actualy for some part of it your right !(No doubt)
But....
About the viking ( sorry OP ) Actualy he's new with a car like ours,and exactly at this situation knowing that the winter is on the front door in Norway with extreem cold temps I just knew that I had to tell him about the damn bearings,otherwise the fun he mentioned would be over soon knowing the factor that he payed a lot for the car in Norway !
The sooner the better for the viking !
So I had the feeling that it was a kind of duty for me to tell him about it .
Here we have a saying and translated to Englisch it's this =>A"forewarned" man is a "forearmed man" !
So personal i'm thinking it's realy needed in such a case ,especially that we know it was driven at very high speeds on the Deutsche Autobahn !
Prevention is better than cure , and the cure in Norway would....you know that too !
So please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong !

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It was changed about 6 months ago.. and it was done only 150km in that time so no need to worry about oil change in my view. I also decided to go for a "engine and drivetrain" insurance so they will cover it at a minimal cost if I get any engine or drivetrain problems.
That sounds perfect to me !
With a car like ours it's realy needed knowing about the prices in Norway !

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #12
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krx927 View Post
Indeed!

On the other hand, it costs about 15 tanks of gas (or the equivalent of 4 new tires and a set of front pads) to change the damn barrings. Of course if you do it before they spin...
I do not know why everybody is making such a big deal out of it?!
That would be very cheap !
Don't know in what country you are living? But what a cheap country !
Note; for the equivalent of 4 new tires and a set of front pads that's about 2,000/2,500 Euro's... Right ?
For that price when I need new bearings ...my BMW/Dealer refuses to open the hood ! And that's for sure....

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #13
mbergan
Rep

Thanks for all the tips!

I'm getting the 18 inch winter package for the M3 tomorrow. As it is our only car we plan to use it all year around. So the car will see plenty of snow this winter :-) We have a cabin in the mountains so the car will be packed with skis and plenty of stuff for those trips.

Pictures will come when I have time :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Did I read that right, 85K Euro?

I'd sell you my loaded 2011 (with 16k miles) for that. I might even pay shipping.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #15
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

I shouldn't be bitchin about my car's resale value stateside.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Did I read that right, 85K Euro?

I'd sell you my loaded 2011 (with 16k miles) for that. I might even pay shipping.
Yep..Indeed 85K Euro !
When selling your car even when you pay the shipping it's even worse for OP ,because we have something like "Import taxes" and that's a lot !
Actualy we are always screwed and in advance !

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #17
krx927
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That would be very cheap !
Don't know in what country you are living? But what a cheap country !
Note; for the equivalent of 4 new tires and a set of front pads that's about 2,000/2,500 Euro's... Right ?
For that price when I need new bearings ...my BMW/Dealer refuses to open the hood ! And that's for sure....
Wrong!

Are you buying your tires directly at BMW that you are coming with this figure of over 2k EUR?

I am not and you should also not be doing that. You can get them delivered directly in your Belgian home for around 1k. And the front pads should also not be more than 300... although I am not buying shitty OEMs, so I do not know for sure. But for 300 you get Pagids or similar, so it's not an issue.

The quote I got from my guy for changing the barrings was 1k EUR. So if I put a bit on top it would cost me 1300 EUR...

I can believe that you dealer will not even open the hood for such a money, but the BMW service in your country is below every level. They are all spoiled by the huge number of leased bimmers where nobody is looking at the level of service or the costs...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krx927 View Post
Wrong!

Are you buying your tires directly at BMW that you are coming with this figure of over 2k EUR?

I am not and you should also not be doing that. You can get them delivered directly in your Belgian home for around 1k. And the front pads should also not be more than 300... although I am not buying shitty OEMs, so I do not know for sure. But for 300 you get Pagids or similar, so it's not an issue.

The quote I got from my guy for changing the barrings was 1k EUR. So if I put a bit on top it would cost me 1300 EUR...

I can believe that you dealer will not even open the hood for such a money, but the BMW service in your country is below every level. They are all spoiled by the huge number of leased bimmers where nobody is looking at the level of service or the costs...
If I may ask you...In what country are you ?
You know that i'm in Belgium .

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-31-2014 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 05:59 PM   #19
rttn
Registered
Rep
Drives: it's a pontiac

your car is tab delimited, which is better than comma delimited because it makes it easier to parse. that way, when someone parses your car, they don't have to track the quotation marks in it to make sure the delimiters are properly chosen.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 12:50 AM   #20
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for all the tips!

I'm getting the 18 inch winter package for the M3 tomorrow. As it is our only car we plan to use it all year around. So the car will see plenty of snow this winter :-) We have a cabin in the mountains so the car will be packed with skis and plenty of stuff for those trips.

Pictures will come when I have time :-)
Same here Mbergan (u live in Bergen?), in Stockholm and use my M3 all year. Lucky to have a warm garage so no pain for the engine in the morning though. The 10w60 oil is "thick" which might be worth keeping in mind.

Hörs!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #21
mbergan
Rep

Quote:
Same here Mbergan (u live in Bergen?), in Stockholm and use my M3 all year. Lucky to have a warm garage so no pain for the engine in the morning though. The 10w60 oil is "thick" which might be worth keeping in mind.

Hörs!

I live in Oslo and I keep it in a garage as well. Both at work and at home.

Do you run 10w60 in the winter or do you change it before winter?

Picking up a set of 18" inch OEM M3 winter wheels with tires today. Bought it used at "blocket". Came of a swedish E90 M3 :-)

Great to have some swedish people around
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #22
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I live in Oslo and I keep it in a garage as well. Both at work and at home.

Do you run 10w60 in the winter or do you change it before winter?

Picking up a set of 18" inch OEM M3 winter wheels with tires today. Bought it used at "blocket". Came of a swedish E90 M3 :-)

Great to have some swedish people around
About the oil ....
No , Nik is running with 10W60 from the dealer also in winter , actualy the oil is changed to EDGE by the dealers !
The EDGE feels different , color is different too , and need to say that the engine runs smoother .
Note ; EDGE is also 10W60 .

Appreciate 0