BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
dentistdude
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

Got pulled over last night...

...for going 82 in a 65. Officer asked if I knew that was reckless in Virginia, told me he'd been following me for awhile, saw me exit the highway "a little too hot", etc...and it was "too much." Great, I'm thinking I'm screwed. Saw my temp tags (car's new to me) and said "it's a high performance vehicle, I get it...what motor does this have anyway? V8? New ones went to the turbo 6, right? And what color is it?" By this time I'm grinning on the inside. He then follows that up with "I gotta say...I'm jealous. If I had the funds I'd be driving something just like this, it's a beautiful car. But you've got to keep it down in your new toy, ok?"

No problem, sir.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

You got lucky .
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
JPH704
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Huracan Performante & 720s

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
You got lucky .
This
      09-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

He wanted the "D" dentist.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
WuTang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT

lol, I got pulled over doing 60 in a 25 in my college town and the cops where like "So ummm do you have mufflers on this??". It was 1 am and they where just admiring the car. It gave them a relief from all the drunk 18 y/olds

Last edited by WuTang; 10-22-2015 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:36 AM   #6
h4nh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SC E90 M3 / 13 F10 M5

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 (superc ...  [10.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
He wanted the "D" dentist.
lol
      09-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

I always hear of stories like this but never experienced anything remotely close in real life. Congrats on no ticket.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 06:36 AM   #8
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Awesome bro. Same thing happened to me on the way to CO from NY to visit a client.

Officer pulled out behind me and got me at 90 in a 65 on radar. Obviously didn't see him, and decided to top the car out (for the first time ever) as it was a straight downhill then slight uphill road in the middle of no where with NO traffic.

After finding out my car had no top speed limiter without me tuning in (Hit over 180mph 100% stock), with a downward slope helping me get to around 150mph relatively quickly...

I then slowed down and by 167mph felt safe enough to snap the pic below.

Literally minutes later I look in my rear view and see a Hwy Patrol Charger flying up behind me without his lights on...I instantly pulled over, and myself and my business partner put our hands in the air....

After yelling for a second, he said " you have any idea how fast you were going?" I replied "Very Very fast SIR"....Suddenly he grins and dips his head in the car and says" Seriously how fucking fast were you going???, I was trying to pace you at 150mph and you left me in the dust" I laughed and said "well these cars are supposed to be limited at 155mph, I just found out it wasnt"...

He stepped back looking up and down the car and said word for word, "Wow, the ultimate driving machine, " I have a 335i with the Dinan chip but on my salary I can't afford one of these"

At the end of the day he seized a large amount of fireworks I bought in Iowa (even let me keep some) and wrote me for a 69 in 65 so I wouldnt have to appear in person, being its about a 15hr drive from NY.

PHewww...last saturday delivering a part to a fellow forum member, I wasnt so lucky...94 in a 55 on 495 WB Long Island..I was going faster.
Attached Images

09-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #9
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Ahh good to hear some down to earth cops story. I have run into some real jealous angry cops and they are the worst. Barely said a word except you know what you did, license and reg, ticket, hand me ticket and good bye....what a loser.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #10
4M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Melbourne Red E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power View Post
Awesome bro. Same thing happened to me on the way to CO from NY to visit a client.

Officer pulled out behind me and got me at 90 in a 65 on radar. Obviously didn't see him, and decided to top the car out (for the first time ever) as it was a straight downhill then slight uphill road in the middle of no where with NO traffic.

After finding out my car had no top speed limiter without me tuning in (Hit over 180mph 100% stock), with a downward slope helping me get to around 150mph relatively quickly...

Literally minutes later I look in my rear view and see a Hwy Patrol Charger flying up behind me without his lights on...I instantly pulled over, and myself and my business partner put our hands in the air....

After yelling for a second, he said " you have any idea how fast you were going?" I replied "Very Very fast SIR"....Suddenly he grins and dips his head in the car and says" Seriously how fucking fast were you going???, I was trying to pace you at 150mph and you left me in the dust" I laughed and said "well these cars are supposed to be limited at 155mph, I just found out it wasnt"...

He stepped back looking up and down the car and said word for word, "Wow, the ultimate driving machine, " I have a 335i with the Dinan chip but on my salary I can't afford one of these"

At the end of the day he seized a large amount of fireworks I bought in Iowa (even let me keep some) and wrote me for a 69 in 65 so I wouldnt have to appear in person, being its about a 15hr drive from NY.

PHewww...last saturday delivering a part to a fellow forum member, I wasnt so lucky...94 in a 55 on 495 WB Long Island..I was going faster.
Now THERE is a story. Impressive on many levels, but hats off for the disclaimer at the bottom of your post. In this day and age of social media you can never be too sure who's looking and why. Well done Sir.

Last edited by 4M; 09-12-2014 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #11
krx927
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
Lucky bastard, that never happens to me.
Same for me
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #12
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4M View Post
Now THERE is a story. Impressive on many levels, but hats off for the disclaimer at the bottom of your post. In this day and age of social media you can never be too sure who's lloking and why. Well done Sir.
Believe it or not, I left the best part of the story out as it makes me appear to have the maturity of a 10 years old..I'll just say this, The cop who pulled me over, would have pulled out behind me even if I wasn't slightly speeding. He was on the lookout for a "Black BMW sports car" and he already knew I had fireworks filling the trunk...

Let's just say NY to CO is a long ride, and lots's of money plus two bored twenty-something year olds + driving through states where fireworks are legal and CHEAP...

As for the disclaimer, Im a licensed financial consultant and know how important it is to protect yourself on social media. Brokers and Advisors are fired for posting illegal or questionable activities on social media and forums..
      09-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #13
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Now THERE is a story. Impressive on many levels, but hats off for the disclaimer at the bottom of your post. In this day and age of social media you can never be too sure who's lloking and why. Well done Sir.
Not to mention fumbling with a fuckin' camera phone at that speed.
      09-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #14
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
Lucky bastard, that never happens to me.
+1

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #15
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:

why not just slow down? Taking pics of the speedo at 160? Awesome
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #16
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
you think that would hold up anywhere? A simple disclaimer? Ha..

Just like the valet has no liability, or when you go to a baseball game the ticket takes away all the venue responsility it's just smoke and mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #17
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Not to mention fumbling with a fuckin' camera phone at that speed.
Yea, not smart on my end. But on a flat desert with no traffic in a car designed for high speeds, I kept one hand firmly on the wheel and snapped a pic with the other. From 180+mph--->167mph the car actually felt safe and stable...

Was it smart, absolutely not. If I had time to think about it, would I do it again? Absolutely not. But in the excitement that I was well over the supposed governed speed and my adrenaline obviously high, (also knowing I would probably NEVER do anywhere close to that speed again) In the moment I needed "proof"...

At 180+, I actually didn't take my eyes off the road, my passanger, also a car fanatic was verbally reading the digital speedo as we climbed...

And the disclaimer, just being able to say in court that on the evidence a given party is using against me, It specifically states, all illegal action is hypothetical DOES 100% discredit that "evidence" in court.

I have lawyers in the family. From my experience, anything in these documents or on this forum would probably not even be admissible in court, and neither the jury nor judge would see it.

If these forum posts are the entire case. Sorry to tell you, that disclaimer would help quite a bit...

But now were
      09-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #18
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yea, not smart on my end. But on a flat desert with no traffic in a car designed for high speeds, I kept one hand firmly on the wheel and snapped a pic with the other. From 180+mph--->167mph the car actually felt safe and stable...

Was it smart, absolutely not. If I had time to think about it, would I do it again? Absolutely not. But in the excitement that I was well over the supposed governed speed and my adrenaline obviously high, (also knowing I would probably NEVER do anywhere close to that speed again) In the moment I needed "proof"...

At 180+, I actually didn't take my eyes off the road, my passanger, also a car fanatic was verbally reading the digital speedo as we climbed...

And the disclaimer, just being able to say in court that on the evidence a given party is using against me, It specifically states, all illegal action is hypothetical DOES 100% discredit that "evidence" in court.

I have lawyers in the family. From my experience, anything in these documents or on this forum would probably not even be admissible in court, and neither the jury nor judge would see it.

If these forum posts are the entire case. Sorry to tell you, that disclaimer would help quite a bit...

But now were

ahhh an expert! Now it makes sense. Disclaimers don't do much. Especially if you're gonna sit here advocating speeding, taking pics doing 160+, etc.

That's like me just being a dick and bashing people online using derogatory words/racial slurs, etc. and having a disclaimer under my name, "just kidding" ... A disclaimer doesn't give you the right to act without regard.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #19
Lbsigman
This is my sham shield.
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2

You sir got lucky.

From Jalopnik - "Never Speed In Virginia: Lessons From My Three Days In Jail"
http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-v...-in-1613604053
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #20
bga23
Dirty old man
Rep
Drives: 2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentistdude View Post
...for going 82 in a 65. Officer asked if I knew that was reckless in Virginia, told me she'd been following me for awhile, saw me exit the highway "a little too hot", etc...and it was "too much." Great, I'm thinking I'm screwed. Saw my temp tags (car's new to me) and said "it's a high performance vehicle, I get it...what motor does this have anyway? V8? New ones went to the turbo 6, right? And what color is it?" By this time I'm grinning on the inside. She then follows that up with "I gotta say...I'm jealous. If I had the funds I'd be driving something just like this, it's a beautiful car. But you've got to keep it down in your new toy, ok? Think I'm gonna have to handcuff you and throw you in the back of my squad car. She then proceeds to undress me and it was the best sex of my life!!! God, I love my M3"
Think I read this in Penthouse Forum too.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #21
Craigy
Sporty Puristic 6
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
ahhh an expert! Now it makes sense. Disclaimers don't do much. Especially if you're gonna sit here advocating speeding, taking pics doing 160+, etc.

That's like me just being a dick and bashing people online using derogatory words/racial slurs, etc. and having a disclaimer under my name, "just kidding" ... A disclaimer doesn't give you the right to act without regard.

I enjoyed the story.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #22
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

But now were
It's all good, man.... it's actually one of the more steady pics at speed