BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

DINAN PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE: Done at /// Motorcepts Inc

Current Performance Mods:
- Dinan Power Pulleys
- aFe Stage 2 Full replacement intake
- gutted OEM manifold/cleaner assembly
- DCT-GTS software
- Sosi X-Pipe, Megan Rear Can
- Dinan Performance Software

I received news that Motorcepts here in NYC became an authorized Dinan Retailer/Installer so I dropped by car off for some routine maintenance and Dinan Software tuning. The mechanics at Motorcepts were very helpful and informative.

I never really trusted software giving more power. I had a Eurocharged tune on my C55, which had a split exhaust, remus race cans, evosport power pullies, SL55 YSplitter intake. It really…didn’t do much.

I was hesitant to go software, but decided to do it and I have to say, I do not regret doing so. I had the biggest smile driving the car yesterday. On low end, the was minor to no difference. As I punch it on higher RPMs 5k+, the car pulls! It’s a very noticeable difference compared to any other mod I have installed on the car. I didn’t get to tell my wife that the software was done, but she took it out for a spin and said the car pulls hard!

I strongly recommend you guys to go software, and to go Dinan if needed. The software is warrantied by BMW as well, so that’s a plus. For the local guys, Motorcepts is the way to go!

2011 E90 M3, ESS VT2-650, 2015 GL550
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Glad your enjoying it, yea tune makes a big difference and Dinan runs a very conservative tune. Some of the others give it even more of a kick.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by advans View Post
I strongly recommend you guys to go software, and to go Dinan if needed. The software is warrantied by BMW as well, so that’s a plus. For the local guys, Motorcepts is the way to go!
This is false. Dinan matches your factory warranty with its own, for the duration of your factory warranty. If you are out of warranty, Dinan warranties the part only for 2 years from time of sale. There is no extended warranty from Dinan even if you extend your factory warranty, and their parts can be cited as aftermarket modifications for any future claims against said extended factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #4
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

I'm sorry, but you need to do a before and after dyno, to claim any gains. The difference in weather from day to day, or even morning to afternoon could very easily account for any differences felt.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
This is false. Dinan matches your factory warranty with its own, for the duration of your factory warranty. If you are out of warranty, Dinan warranties the part only for 2 years from time of sale. There is no extended warranty from Dinan even if you extend your factory warranty, and their parts can be cited as aftermarket modifications for any future claims against said extended factory warranty.
+1
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
I'm sorry, but you need to do a before and after dyno, to claim any gains. The difference in weather from day to day, or even morning to afternoon could very easily account for any differences felt.
Dinan software will definitely make the car smoother in power delivery, but the actual power gains are the most conservative among all of the after-market tunes (except for redline increase).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #7
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Dinan software will definitely make the car smoother in power delivery, but the actual power gains are the most conservative among all of the after-market tunes (except for redline increase).
Yeah, it does make the car smoother, especially paired with the DCT-GTS software, which I feel makes the shifting super aggressive.

2011 E90 M3, ESS VT2-650, 2015 GL550
Appreciate 0