GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-26-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
Homsyboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 TB/SO

Different Brands Info for a Newbie

As a newbie to the car mods (I come from a family of car people who never actually change anything in their cars because we always get the extended warranty) I never really get what sets the different companies apart. I always believed that OEM was the best but now I see everyone here gets akraparvic, rwcarbon, ind and many other brands. Is there really any difference what? The reason I ask is because I want to get a rear lip, rear diffuser, front splitter and bottom splitter. Any advice on where to shop?

Also I have a full body xpel wrap. Will putting any of these damage that or will I still be able to take these parts off without the shield getting removed?

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to start changing the car!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
evobeatsti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

It really depends what you are looking for. I am going to mix and match IND with OEM M performance options (whatever is the best price) but probably something like this

IND Cf mirror covers
M Performance front splitters and lip
IND Grill surronds
M Performance rear splitter
M Performance exhaust (due to sound and weight)
Akra downpipes
JB4

It really just depends on what you want. Some of the OEM stuff is great but super expensive with cheaper alternatives. Also if you want more power you have to ditch OEM and get downpipes and engine management
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
dan@autocouture
Rep
Drives: LS1 E36 M3

Those options are good but I would recommend some alternatives.

-IND CF mirror covers are a good piece.
-Can't go wrong with OEM front splitters and lip. Fitment is 100% and at a good price.
-IND grill surrounds make the car look less aggressive in IMO.
-M performance carbon rear diffuser is more expensive than RKP, looks less aggressive, and is on backorder...
-M performance exhaust WAY OVERPRICED. SO many better alternatives out there, AWE/Akra...
-Gintani downpipes fitment is perfect and are cheaper....
-JB4 = awesomeness
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #4
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 6MT

Honestly many of the products are good quality, whether they are BMW (with the exception of the M Performance side grill), IND, Akrapovic, Eisenmann, or whoever else. The best is to search the "Cosmetic/Exterior Parts" thread and read about people's experiences with different brands. Price points also differ, so for instance the $1400-1500 Akrapovic down pipes are fantastic quality but just because Zima makes similar down pipes for $1100-1200 doesn't mean it's worse. They're all great, just have to choose which is your cup of tea and how much you want to spend. But keep in mind there ARE some not so good quality products but they are sporadic and you have to do your research. Good luck!

GONE 2011 SG/Blk E92 M3 CS 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 03:10 AM   #5
Homsyboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 TB/SO

How is rwcarbon? They seem to have significantly cheaper parts

And thanks for all the tips!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
RW Carbon
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 & G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homsyboy View Post
How is rwcarbon? They seem to have significantly cheaper parts

And thanks for all the tips!
We will be a little easier on the wallet, but our parts still carry a fitment and quality guarantee. We stock the majority of our M3/M4 parts including the Performance style trunk spoiler, diffuser and front lip.

Please PM me if you have any questions about our products or would like forum pricing.

Carbon fiber for the everyday driver: rwcarbon.com
3941 E La Palma Ave Anaheim CA, 92870
info@rwcarbon.com / (714) 328-4406
Instagram/Tiktok/Facebook: @rwcarbon
Appreciate 0