ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Front headlight turn signal bulbs (NON-LED) M4

Is there anything out there for us guys with the xenon lights who would like to change the orange halogen turn signal bulb with a more stealth halogen silver bulb for our M4/4series? Right now I have Weisslicht LED, but they hyperflash and I can't get anyone to code my car within a 300 mile radius (even when offering $100 for their time). I've contacted Bimmian, Phillips, BMW, etc. and nobody seems to make anything for my car.. This has been bothering me for a year now and I just want to start a new chapter in my life

Thanks!
      05-26-2015, 06:44 AM   #2
whatheheck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 360, 2015 SO M4

You can try this LED bulb that I bought. It has enough resistance that the LED bulb will not hyperflash.

It will flash very very briefly once in a while though if you dont have the bulb ping coded out.

I'm surprised you cant anyone local to do the coding for you. Try your local BMW car club website, try also looking at Craigslist. Where do you live?

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1131173

Dan
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatheheck View Post
You can try this LED bulb that I bought. It has enough resistance that the LED bulb will not hyperflash.

It will flash very very briefly once in a while though if you dont have the bulb ping coded out.

I'm surprised you cant anyone local to do the coding for you. Try your local BMW car club website, try also looking at Craigslist. Where do you live?

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1131173

Dan
Hi Dan... How often do those flash? I could handle one flash every 5 minutes, but my Weisslicht hyperflash like every 20 seconds. I live in Humboldt County CA, so there are maybe four or five 4-series and 0 M4s so not many people in the know around these parts, myself obviously included.
      05-26-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
whatheheck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 360, 2015 SO M4

I believe bulb fault by the LCM pings bulbs every 3 minutes or so.

Try your local BMW car club forum and I bet someone local to your place knows how to code.

For now, if you still have the LED's installed and you dont want them flashing every so often you can just turn your parking lights on.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
Hi Dan... How often do those flash? I could handle one flash every 5 minutes, but my Weisslicht hyperflash like every 20 seconds. I live in Humboldt County CA, so there are maybe four or five 4-series and 0 M4s so not many people in the know around these parts, myself obviously included.
Appreciate 0