Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

F80 California Car cover pics

Just wanted to post pics of the plushweave California car cover. I was pleasantly surprised on how good the fitment and quality is.
Attached Images

Last edited by 4DRS55; 06-23-2015 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

car cover for the garage...why

Being a detail enthusiast I would never put a car cover on my paint unless the car remained outside.

What is the underside material made of?? almost any car cover that I can think of still runs the risk of scratching your paint.. and if left in a garage doesnt seem to make much sense.

just use a quick detail spray and microfiber if your just trying to keep the dust off of it.

Not trying to be a Jerk by any means.. Just my opinion.. but curious if your plan is to keep the car covered in the garage?

Btw .. from one YMB owner to another nice Choice!!
      06-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmega4 View Post

Being a detail enthusiast I would never put a car cover on my paint unless the car remained outside.

What is the underside material made of?? almost any car cover that I can think of still runs the risk of scratching your paint.. and if left in a garage doesnt seem to make much sense.

just use a quick detail spray and microfiber if your just trying to keep the dust off of it.

Not trying to be a Jerk by any means.. Just my opinion.. but curious if your plan is to keep the car covered in the garage?

If you're not going to drive it often, a cover makes great sense. Just put it on right after you wash it.

Money2536 is as big a detailing freak as anyone, and he uses a cover on his GT3 so it's just a matter of the right cover and right procedure.

BTW, there's more risk of scratching the car "dusting" in the aforementioned method than there is in using the cover.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #4
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:

Thank you, Likewise

The inside of the car cover is made out of ultra soft flannel lining. As the other member posted if you don't drive the car much dust just accumulates and wiping down with a quick detail is fine, but for sure imposes risk of light marring prob not visible to the naked eye. It is important that you wash your car before using any type of car cover.

Last edited by 4DRS55; 06-20-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
If you're not going to drive it often, a cover makes great sense. Just put it on right after you wash it.

Money2536 is as big a detailing freak as anyone, and he uses a cover on his GT3 so it's just a matter of the right cover and right procedure.

BTW, there's more risk of scratching the car "dusting" in the aforementioned method than there is in using the cover.
Bingo!

Skip to 1:36.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:

You'd be shocked how dusty a car gets just sitting in a garage. If you go on vacation for a couple of weeks, see how dusty the car is when you get back.

If my car wasn't my daily, I'd put a cover on it if I cared at all.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #7
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
You'd be shocked how dusty a car gets just sitting in a garage. If you go on vacation for a couple of weeks, see how dusty the car is when you get back.

If my car wasn't my daily, I'd put a cover on it if I cared at all.
Personally, I'd just drive it. The dust should blow right off.

My dilemma is going to be moving into a house with only a 2 car garage most likely. With me adding an M2 or M3 in a year or 2, the E36 will almost certainly be parked outside.

That's about the only time the car cover would make sense to me. That would mostly be to cover it from this brutal summer heat in South Carolina.

My 2 cents of course
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 04:51 AM   #8
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
I cover mine in the winter off season. But this summer I've left it off most of the time.
      06-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #9
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYP247 View Post
Just wanted to post pics of the plushweave California car cover. I was pleasantly surprised on how good the fitment and quality is.
Out of curiosity, what type/brand/model of garage door opener are you using ?
Appreciate 0