BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-20-2016, 01:20 AM   #1
Jack14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Apex arc8 help

I was wondering if I can fit an arc 8 18x10.5 et27 with 285 30 star specs on my e92. Rear shouldn't be a problem but will I have enough clearance in the front? I'm lowered on ohlins with -2 degrees of camber front and negative 1.8 in the rear. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

pm/email/call they guys @ APEX. They pick up right away and will be able to help you best.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack14 View Post
I was wondering if I can fit an arc 8 18x10.5 et27 with 285 30 star specs on my e92. Rear shouldn't be a problem but will I have enough clearance in the front? I'm lowered on ohlins with -2 degrees of camber front and negative 1.8 in the rear. Thanks!
Jack, happy to help here. I own a e92 M3 as well, and have our 18x10.5 et27 ARC-8s on all four corners. I too was going to run 285/30/18 Star Spec's (I think these and the RS-3's are great extreme summer tires), but ended up going with 275/35/18 Star Spec's for a bit more sidewall. The 285's are obviously a touch short in terms of overall rolling diameter, but they do work well on the 18x10.5" wheel. Many customers of mine use the Hankook TD (r-comp) in this size as well.

I personally run MCS suspension with Ground Control camber plates, and inner strut clearance is very tight without any spacers up front. I had about a credit card gap to the strut, and since I track the car and expect the tire to deflect a bit under load, I decided to run 5mm spacers to ensure proper clearance. Ohlins are known to take up a little more room on the inside, therefore you will definitely need spacers up front to clear your suspension (at least 5mm). On the fender side, -2 degrees should get you enough clearance depending on your ride height. I am set at -2.8 degrees, and do not rub even at a very low ride height.

In the rear you are looking at a direct fit, with no modifications required.

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRookie View Post
pm/email/call they guys @ APEX. They pick up right away and will be able to help you best.
Appreciate your kind words. We get very busy during track/race season, but do our best to connect with any customer looking for detailed information on our products, or setting up their car for the track / autoX.

- Ryan

Last edited by ApexWheels; 04-30-2016 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post
Jack, happy to help here. I own a e92 M3 as well, and have our 18x10.5 et27 ARC-8s on all four corners. I too was going to run 285/30/18 Star Spec's (I think these and the RS-3's are great extreme summer tires), but ended up going with 275/35/18 Star Spec's for a bit more sidewall. The 285's are obviously a touch short in terms of overall rolling diameter, but they do work well on the 18x10.5" wheel. Many customers of mine use the Hankook TD (r-comp) in this size as well.

I personally run MCS suspension with Ground Control camber plates, and inner strut clearance is very tight without any spacers up front. I had about a credit card gap to the strut, and since I track the car and expect the tire to deflect a bit under load, I decided to run 5mm spacers to ensure proper clearance. Ohlins are known to take up a little more room on the inside, therefore you will definitely need spacers up front to clear your suspension (at least 5mm). On the fender side, -2 degrees should get you enough clearance depending on your ride height. I am set at -2.8 degrees, and do not rub even at a very low ride height.

In the rear you are looking at a direct fit, with no modifications required.

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Appreciate your kind words. We get very busy during track/race season, but do our best to connect with any customer looking for detailed information on our products, or setting up their car for the track / autoX.

- Ryan

Ryan was very helpful in my quest for correct fitment. I had VERY slight rubbing under track load with a 275/35/18 on a 10" ET 25 wheel when I had my Ohlins, but not enough to effect anything.

I run a 5mm spacer now with my KW's because they are even further out. We'll see how it sits when I have my Motons installed.
      05-04-2016, 01:16 AM   #5
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over View Post
Ryan was very helpful in my quest for correct fitment. I had VERY slight rubbing under track load with a 275/35/18 on a 10" ET 25 wheel when I had my Ohlins, but not enough to effect anything.

I run a 5mm spacer now with my KW's because they are even further out. We'll see how it sits when I have my Motons installed.
Thank you for the kind words... and Motons eh?

-Ryan