Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #1
shiv.nandak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C7 Z06, 16' M4 6MT SO

My M4 build - Apr Splitter/Rockerpnels + Enales Spoiler/Diffuser

Ever since taking delivery of the M4 i always felt that it was missing some extra bits in terms of styling. The kind of stuff that should have come stock but didn't. In my opinion, the front bumper should have some kind of extension that helps cover the underbody deflectors. The wheel gap in the front should have been significantly smaller. The wheels should have been flush with the fenders. I completely understand why BMW made the design decisions that they did (ability to fit snow chains, better aero with the wheels inside the wheel well etc). I have had a friend comment that the M4 does not look as sporty as it should for the performance level that it offers and i completely agree. This put me on the modding path to customize my car.

Here are a list of exterior mods:

Macht Schnell Competition Spacers 15/12mm

Improves the look of the car greatly. If i had to do it again, i would get 12/12mm combo since the front does seem a bit more aggressive than i would like. I have had these for two months and have had no issues at any speed. Only thing i don't like is the ride comfort has been affected. This is noticeably over bumpy roads where the suspension does get a bit more unstable than when stock.

APR Front Splitter (Carbon 2x2)
APR Rockerpanel Extensions (Carbon 2x2)

I love the look, pictures don't do this combo justice. The splitter and the rockerpanels look amazing in person. Also, i bought these used off the forums and was missing the bumper reinforcement and the screws needed. I called up APR and they were happy to sell me the bumper reinforcement and screw packs separately. Customer service was excellent. The fitment was 10/10. Installation took 4 hrs and quite honestly was very tiring. Quality of the carbon material was good, but not as strong as the Enales peices.

Enales Spoiler (Carbon 2x2)
Enales Diffuser (Carbon 2x2)

The spoiler and diffuser look great. The installation for the spoiler took literally 10 mins and the fitment was 10/10. It looks great and gives the car a great profile. This is a high kick spoiler and makes the car look soo much more sportier. The diffuser and the spoiler were very strong. I am not sure if they were 100% carbon - but they sure felt like it. I felt like i could stand on either the diffuser or the spoiler and they would be able to support the weight. The diffuser looks great with the stock exhaust. The only issue i had with the diffuser was that it seems like the fitment was slightly off. Nothing major but i had some trouble aligning the screw on the right side. But over all great quality peices from Enales!

If you would like to follow me on Instagram to follow my future posts -shiv.nandak
Attached Images

Last edited by shiv.nandak; 04-19-2016 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #2
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

dig this look..

very aggressive looking