BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
feeshta
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 6MT, Alpine White

Ohlins Road and Track Coilover system for 1 or 3 series.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For sale is a complete Ohlins Road and Track Dual Flow Valve (DFV) coilover set for the E8X 1 series or E9X 3 series. I used this setup on my 2012 135i for a little under 1 year and @5,000 miles, and was extremely impressed with the results. I would be keeping it if I were keeping the car, and I am currently waiting with baited breath for Ohlins to make a set for my new ride of choice. They are really that good.

This setup was especially adept at soaking up bumpy roads and maintaining traction through corners. Where the stock suspension would see your wheels skittering and you drifting wide, the Ohlins would stay glued with no complaints. It made for great fun on the bumpy back roads where I have my most fun behind the wheel. It also rode much better than stock, while maintaining far better roll characteristics for handling. It is also adjustable, so it can be cranked up a lot stiffer if your roads happen to be better than ours, or if you intend to take the car to the track of course. I never did myself, so I can't speak to the results there, but I have no reason to suspect they would be anything other than excellent.

The set can be purchased either with or without the swift springs pictured. Add $70 if you would like to have the Swift springs. The swift are 1" shorter than the factory Ohlins front springs, but have the same usable stroke and spring rate. The extra 1" allows for the mounting of wider front wheels on a 1 Series. I cannot speak with confidence to the situation with a 3 series, so I would advise any potential 3 series buyer to do their homework there before they make a decision. In my case, the Swift springs allowed for a 245/35/18 Pilot Super Sport fitment in the front, which drastically reduced the 135i's tendency to under-steer, especially in combination with some extra camber courtesy of M3 front control arms(also for sale) and Dinan fixed camber plates.

Local pickup is preferred, but I will ship anywhere in the world provided the buyer pays shipping and appropriate insurance. My apologies on any inconvenience that creates, but I've been burned in the past when an item "disappeared" after the delivery company got a signature confirmation. (Buyer claimed it was not his signature)

Pictures below. The kit is in perfect working order. There are a few minor blemishes to the finish, as is normal when the parts are in use on the vehicle, but nothing beyond normal wear and tear. There are a few scratches on the adjustment rings in the rear, apparently from the adjustment tool slipping when the suspension was corner balanced, but everything still works perfectly. It should also be noted that the car spent the winter in Georgia, so it has never seen road salt.

Any and all questions are of course welcome.

Last edited by feeshta; 09-06-2016 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
deesea
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

My god. Want.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
seagrasser
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 M sport

Can you confirm the spring rates? Looks the business and very interested
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 04:33 PM   #4
drwillb
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, e30 M3, e46 M3

PM sent for bundle deal with wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
feeshta
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagrasser View Post
Can you confirm the spring rates? Looks the business and very interested
Not 100% positive on rear spring rates, but front is 6 kgf/mm/336 lbs/inch, which is the same as the stock Ohlins springs. I seem to recall the rears being 8K, but don't quote me on that.

Just FYI guys, I have a gentleman serious considering an offer for multiple pieces in a bundle. He has dibs on the control arms, and I will take that one down as soon as I receive payment, but is trying to decide what to do about the other items. Will update as soon as I hear from him.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #6
feeshta
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

By way of an update, I have an agreement to buy at these point, and will mark the ad as sold once payment is received.
Appreciate 0