BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

BPM

03-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Homestead HPDE May 13th with PDG

If you are interested, Performance Driving Group is doing a HPDE at Homestead Speedway May 13th. I will be going with some buddies if you want to meet us there. I have ran with PDG in the past and they run a great day at the track.

Hope to see you there (paging ask Jeeves ?)

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #2
BigRussia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Im down, should have my brakes done by then (track pads, ss lines, and higher temp fluid). Its the only thing left to do to have my car HPDE ready
      03-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #3
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRussia View Post
Im down, should have my brakes done by then (track pads, ss lines, and higher temp fluid). Its the only thing left to do to have my car HPDE ready
Perfect. Here is the link to the group and to register. I have run with them before and they put on a nice event.

http://performancedrivinggroup.com

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE93Vert View Post
If you are interested, Performance Driving Group is doing a HPDE at Homestead Speedway May 13th. I will be going with some buddies if you want to meet us there. I have ran with PDG in the past and they run a great day at the track.

Hey! I've been slacking with track days. I'll try and make it out for that event.
      03-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #5
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
Quote:

Hey! I've been slacking with track days. I'll try and make it out for that event.
Awesome, would be great to see you at the track again. My usual suspects should be going as well; me surrounded by their 911's, :

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
MShift
OG
Rep
Drives: MW '13 E92

Quote:
Give me a couple months and I'll be out there too Rajiv.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:33 AM   #7
BigRussia
Captain
Rep

On a related topic, is there a SFL shop you guys would trust to do a brake job (install pads, SS lines, fluid)? Thats the last thing i need to do to have my car HPDE ready. I already bought the SS lines, still shopping for pads and fluid... what do you guys recommend for a street car that will do occasional HPDE?
      03-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
On a related topic, is there a SFL shop you guys would trust to do a brake job (install pads, SS lines, fluid)? Thats the last thing i need to do to have my car HPDE ready. I already bought the SS lines, still shopping for pads and fluid... what do you guys recommend for a street car that will do occasional HPDE?
Go to Active, I have been out of warranty for some time and they do all my routine maintenance and mods. I started with ss lines and upgraded fluid but went to a BBK, the stoptech kit is so easy to work with I flush/bleed Castrol SRF and flip in track pads myself.

If you are a beginner driver you will get some brake fade even with an upgrade in lines and fluid but it is better than cooking the lines. If you are more advanced you may not have as much of an issue. I am still on the beginner side but I noticed a big difference in braking from my first to second track day which I attribute to less traction control interference (help ?)

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #9
BigRussia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Go to Active, I have been out of warranty for some time and they do all my routine maintenance and mods. I started with ss lines and upgraded fluid but went to a BBK, the stoptech kit is so easy to work with I flush/bleed Castrol SRF and flip in track pads myself.

If you are a beginner driver you will get some brake fade even with an upgrade in lines and fluid but it is better than cooking the lines. If you are more advanced you may not have as much of an issue. I am still on the beginner side but I noticed a big difference in braking from my first to second track day which I attribute to less traction control interference (help ?)
I am a beginner, will be my first HPDE ever not just with this car. I just had Active do my rod bearings, so Ill probably go there for the brake job. Just gotta decide on what pads and fluid to go with. I dont plan on swapping pads for track days, want a hybrid pad i can drive on the street and track with fine.
      03-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #10
MShift
OG
Rep

Active is too expensive IMO. My BMW M master tech mechanic from South BMW used to work at active, he does all my work for me for mods. If you want his info, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #11
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I am a beginner, will be my first HPDE ever not just with this car. I just had Active do my rod bearings, so Ill probably go there for the brake job. Just gotta decide on what pads and fluid to go with. I dont plan on swapping pads for track days, want a hybrid pad i can drive on the street and track with fine.
For your first time you will be fine with what you have, until you know if you will go more regularly you are not going to want to invest too heavily in track related things, it gets expensive fast. Also, from the adrenaline rush you will give out before the car so don't stress; with an open mind and positive attitude you will have a blast.

Appreciate 1
BigRussia152.00
      03-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #12
BigRussia
Captain
Rep

Do you guys usually get track insurance when you do HPDE? I dont plan on pushing my car to the limit trying to set a record lap or anything but just in case. How much is track insurance usually?
      03-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #13
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you guys usually get track insurance when you do HPDE? I dont plan on pushing my car to the limit trying to set a record lap or anything but just in case. How much is track insurance usually?
Yes, I do since I use my daily driver on the track. Lockton Motorsports issues HPDE policies based on stated value plus mods. It will cover your day plus up to 2 additional drivers and the instructuctor if they take a few laps in your car. For the stated value of my car currently at approx $35k value it will be about $225 including tax for the day. A small price if I end up in a wall or someone hits me.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #14
MShift
OG
Rep

^ I've never bought track insurance before, but this is sound advice that I will definitely be taking next time I'm out there. Maybe we should try to get an M3 group out to one of the spring/summer events? I need a little time to get my car track worthy...

Just did a quote with Lockton and got $292. Not cheap, but well worth it.

Last edited by MShift; 03-24-2017 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #15
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Last call, if you are heading to homestead Saturday let me know. It will be the Porsches and me! One of the guys is friends with a racing team from broward which will be bringing two of their race cars to test and tune. Should be a great time.

Edit, the team joining us is ANSA Motorsports

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #16
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Had a blast this past weekend and the car performed like a champ. I have to upload some video of my sessions and photos but will try to update this week. Lots of M's this weekend and I hope it was some people from the forums. Besides my E93 there were E92s, E46, E36, m235 and active was there with a M2. It was also a blast with ANSA in the next garage with their LMP2 and Ferrari Challenge race cars. Likely going to wait through the hot summer months but looking forward to going back out in the fall.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 06:20 AM   #17
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Some pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 06:22 AM   #18
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Few more
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 06:23 AM   #19
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #20
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Not sure how to link these otherwise but I believe if you click on them they will direct you to my HLT Videos for my sessions. This is the first time I have used Harry's Lap Timer and I was really pleased with the results. However, I did not realize my suction cup was in the way for the morning sessions and the video was off for the first 2 afternoon sessions, but I was able to take lots of video. My best time was 01:57:23 and I was running consistently under 2min. laps with no traffic, which I thought was pretty good for my level. Can't wait to go back when it cools off.

(BTW I ran the extra session with the top down which was a blast; it must have been strange getting passed with me looking like I was out for a Sunday drive

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #21
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Looks like it was a great time out there. Ansa has some amazing cars! Unfortunately I've got some car troubles from a couple weekends ago at Sebring that I've yet to get around to diagnosing/fixing.
      05-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #22
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Looks like it was a great time out there. Ansa has some amazing cars! Unfortunately I've got some car troubles from a couple weekends ago at Sebring that I've yet to get around to diagnosing/fixing.
We missed you! Hopefully we will see you the next one

Appreciate 0