BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

any HPF exhausts out there?

Im looking for a 3.5 inch exhaust. Im debating between HPF, BMR or going custom. However I honestly like the HPF exhaust the best, I know it's a big longshot, and I know they have been out of business for like 6+ years now, (sadly) but are there any HPF exhausts out there for sale?

or just any 3.5 inch exhausts for sale used?

Let me know what you got, how you like it, and if its for sale.
      04-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
ShortShift
Private
Rep
Drives: b7 a4

the bmr and hpf exhaust are basically the same. i personally have the BMR with the resonator. i love the way it sounds. unfortunately blew my motor a week after installing it and didnt get a chance to get videos of the sound. Definitely noticed a little bump in top end and mid range power. it is loud but i love it
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShift View Post
the bmr and hpf exhaust are basically the same. i personally have the BMR with the resonator. i love the way it sounds. unfortunately blew my motor a week after installing it and didn't get a chance to get videos of the sound. Definitely noticed a little bump in top end and mid range power. it is loud but i love it
thanks for your Input. I ordered a BMR exhaust super stoked for it to come. Ive heard mixed reviews on the drone, whats your opinion on it?

How was install? pretty straight forward im assuming? Im doing catless downpipes at the same time as well so I won't need to worry about the rusted bolts, ill just remove it all as one if possible
      04-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
ShortShift
Private
Rep
Drives: b7 a4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne1man35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShift View Post
the bmr and hpf exhaust are basically the same. i personally have the BMR with the resonator. i love the way it sounds. unfortunately blew my motor a week after installing it and didn't get a chance to get videos of the sound. Definitely noticed a little bump in top end and mid range power. it is loud but i love it
thanks for your Input. I ordered a BMR exhaust super stoked for it to come. Ive heard mixed reviews on the drone, whats your opinion on it?

How was install? pretty straight forward im assuming? Im doing catless downpipes at the same time as well so I won't need to worry about the rusted bolts, ill just remove it all as one if possible
my car has solid motor, transmission, diff and subframe bushing with a smfw, so its kinda hard to say how much drone there really is. Definitely has some but not alot
Appreciate 0