BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

07-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
Hakaj
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 SSII 6MT

Throttle Actuator

Soo basically if i rev past 4k rpm the car automatically goes into what i assume is limp mode ( rev meter is limited to 4k, reduced power ) and a DSC Malfunction light appears, if i restart the car limp mode goes away. No engine malfunction or emission, just DSC malfunction.

I assume this is an early sign of a faulty throttle actuator as the codes i pulled were were 2b25 , ( Bank 2 throttle valve actuator) and 2b57 - I have a brand new throttle actuator coming in today and i was wondering if i should replace the other bank as well. Thoughts? Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
SEMOM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 SG

It all depends on what you prefer. It's possible that the other actuator will be fine for many more miles. Some people prefer to do both so they don't have to take everything apart all over again when the other fails (because there is a high chance that it will).
Personally, if mine go bad I'm only going to replace the one that failed.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMOM3 View Post
It all depends on what you prefer. It's possible that the other actuator will be fine for many more miles. Some people prefer to do both so they don't have to take everything apart all over again when the other fails (because there is a high chance that it will).
Personally, if mine go bad I'm only going to replace the one that failed.
This^
I just replaced mine with a new one 2 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0