EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
HuskyBMW
Dr. Feelgood
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Coilovers

There is so much information out here about all the different coilover systems that it can be overwhelming. What I am looking for is a coilover system that will lower the car (improve stance) while still improving handling at the track. I usually attend around 6-7 HPDE's per year (possibly more with better suspension). My local shop really like the MCS set up but I just can't bring myself to spend that much. This is my daily driver although I don't mind giving up some comfort for improved handling. What I don't want is noise. I also have adaptive suspension. For those that have taken the plunge, what are peoples recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBMW View Post
There is so much information out here about all the different coilover systems that it can be overwhelming. What I am looking for is a coilover system that will lower the car (improve stance) while still improving handling at the track. I usually attend around 6-7 HPDE's per year (possibly more with better suspension). My local shop really like the MCS set up but I just can't bring myself to spend that much. This is my daily driver although I don't mind giving up some comfort for improved handling. What I don't want is noise. I also have adaptive suspension. For those that have taken the plunge, what are peoples recommendations? Thanks in advance.
- Lower car
- HPDE
- Daily Driver
- Willing to sacrifice a little comfort for performance
- No noise
- Retain Adaptive Suspension
- Cost less than MCS

Try the M-Performance Coilovers, KW HAS (new version), or the new KW DDC.

All of those will meet all the criteria you listed.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
m3welt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I recently took the plunge from adaptive suspension with H&R sport springs to Status Gruppe coilovers. Coded out the EDC. Very happy with them, actually a lot more comfortable, maybe not from stock but from the H&R's for sure. Great price and handles wonderfully. Lots of height adjustment and dampening levels. Everything is reversible but I plan on keeping my car.
84 R100 RT Café Racer

Past:
2005 E46 ZCP M3 Silver Grey 6MT
1998 E36 M3 Silver 5MT
1968 E10 2002 Roundie Grey 4MT
2018 F87 M2 BSM 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #4
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3welt View Post
I recently took the plunge from adaptive suspension with H&R sport springs to Status Gruppe coilovers. Coded out the EDC. Very happy with them, actually a lot more comfortable, maybe not from stock but from the H&R's for sure. Great price and handles wonderfully. Lots of height adjustment and dampening levels. Everything is reversible but I plan on keeping my car.
Glad you like the SG coilovers. But honestly, anything, literally anything will be better than H&R springs.
Appreciate 3
m3welt589.50
jeffucd42.50
M4 CSL231.00
      08-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #5
M4Hulk
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell View Post
Glad you like the SG coilovers. But honestly, anything, literally anything will be better than H&R springs.
Fitted H&R's springs a few weeks ago car fine.
Appreciate 0