R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-29-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

I've had the car since 6/30/16 and it's been great. But today I randomly checked on the next oil change thru the idrive and a random low Tire Pressure alarm popped up. However the lowest was 31.9 (tires where in Orange on the idrive). I parked my car at work and reset the TPM and went for a short drive, it reset and the alarm cleared.

Last Christmas I got a ghost headlight malfunction

Also recently I got a drive train error

Once I shut off the car and restarted these never appeared again.

Anyone have similar experiences?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

Got one the other day saying the tire pressure monitoring was not active. Haven't seen it since. Mine is a Canadian car so the monitoring system is different. The blind spot monitoring apparently threw a code and BMW notified me. But nothing wrong with it.

All of this tech is nice but sometimes I think less would be better. I remember the cars of the sixties - no tech anywhere but at least you could fix it yourself.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV///M3 View Post
I've had the car since 6/30/16 and it's been great. But today I randomly checked on the next oil change thru the idrive and a random low Tire Pressure alarm popped up. However the lowest was 31.9 (tires where in Orange on the idrive). I parked my car at work and reset the TPM and went for a short drive, it reset and the alarm cleared.

What was the highest? It's designed to also notify a a predetermined pressure differential and/or amount of loss from the previous initialization.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

I have had 2 TPM alarms. The most recent one alerted me to not drive over 80mph, or 70 can't remember. I checked the pressure and they were 1 or 2 psi below spec? Stupid alarm to have set so sensitive. That said, I've had to inflate these tires twice in the last year yet my other two cars have held their tire pressure perfectly over the last 3 years.
      08-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV///M3 View Post

What was the highest? It's designed to also notify a a predetermined pressure differential and/or amount of loss from the previous initialization.
I believe the highest was 34.1 RR, the 31.9 was LF. No issues coming home today.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #6
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Some of the sensors are set very high to warn you if your tire pressure is low. I have had this a few times on my 3er actually but not my M4. It happened all during winter time for me until my dealership reset it and told me it'll warn me at a actual dangerous limit instead of annoying you for losing 1 psi.

A dealership can reset that tire pressure warning so it won't be obnoxious.

Edit: Oh. Your car saves all of your error logs. Even if they do not pop up again on your iDrive, it is saved. So you can take your car into a dealership you trust and tell them what happened. It should be very easy for them to pull it up. This has happened to me when I got an error for my DRLs not turning on. The error went away but I brought it up a few months after and they found the error and fixed the problem.

Last edited by Arcades; 08-29-2017 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #7
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

I got two headlight errors early on in ownership, but they never returned and the headlights never malfunctioned. I have the LED's.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 07:54 PM   #8
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

tell the dealership. they might update your firmware.