EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

09-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
///M4Convert
Blessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 Roadster

Tune & DP installer

Hey everyone. I am looking to get my F83 Tuned and have DPs installed. Can you guys recommend anyone besides Frank Smith? I would love to take it to him but it seems like they don't want my business. I've been trying to get ahold of him to drop off my car to them with no luck. I live in Pasadena Maryland.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

What tune? And for bolt-one take it to Ed and the boys at induktion which is fairly close to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #3
Sinnakle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 SO M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4Convert View Post
Hey everyone. I am looking to get my F83 Tuned and have DPs installed. Can you guys recommend anyone besides Frank Smith? I would love to take it to him but it seems like they don't want my business. I've been trying to get ahold of him to drop off my car to them with no luck. I live in Pasadena Maryland.

Thanks in advance!
Really? I thought about checking out TTFS in case I wanted to go Bootmod3. I know Induktion does GIAC not sure if they do Bootmod3 or any other tunes. They lowered my car and Ed is great.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

TuningTech FS
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 06:59 AM   #5
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

PM?d.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 12:19 AM   #6
qmp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4Convert View Post

Thanks in advance!
I went to Maximum PSI for my tune (Bootmod3) and bolt-ons (PureS2, PI, Full E85). Before heading 3hr north I wanted to see if I could support the home team. What I discovered or the lack off was the deciding factor.

Other then a few posts about an event sponsorship and a tuner module that goes as far back as 2014/15, I could not find anything regarding TTFS/Bootmod3 which BTW I think is the next best thing since slice bread. These are my 3 conclusions.

1. I'm not good at keyword search
2. there's not much interest for BOotmod3 in the DMV.
3. These matters are discussed via PM or at local meets that I hope to still be invited to after this post so I too can understand more on the only shop that's listed as a authorized dealer for bootmod3.

I hope this helps because I might've jump out the window with this post

I will have a full build write up and my experience with mike@maximumpsi.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 12:19 AM   #7
qmp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnakle View Post
Really? I thought about checking out TTFS in case I wanted to go Bootmod3. I know Induktion does GIAC not sure if they do Bootmod3 or any other tunes. They lowered my car and Ed is great.
I spoke with Justin @ TTFS and he reiterated mostly what can be found on TTFS website regarding Bootmod3. Spoke with Frank Smith personally and this man knows his stuff. He's been in the game for some time and on first name basis with most of the industry leaders. I even got a ride along in the shop M4 boosting TTFS own in-house tune.
As impressive as it is, I still wanted Bootmod3.
In the end what Frank suggested was not aligned with my goals.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmp View Post
I spoke with Justin @ TTFS and he reiterated mostly what can be found on TTFS website regarding Bootmod3. Spoke with Frank Smith personally and this man knows his stuff. He's been in the game for some time and on first name basis with most of the industry leaders. I even got a ride along in the shop M4 boosting TTFS own in-house tune.
As impressive as it is, I still wanted Bootmod3.
In the end what Frank suggested was not aligned with my goals.
I personally believe it's a conflict of interest with them selling BM3 and their own tunes. Nothing wrong with Frank's tune but I think they should really push and market it more. With their limited engagement on this particular forum it may be hard. I'm sure there are lots of people that would consider Frank's in house tune especially with their excellent level of customer service if they marketed it more. They seem to really stand by their tune and if need be can throw it on their dyno and dial it all in.

I think for those looking for a set it and forget it, with the assurance of local support the TTFS tune should be something everyone considers especially since they are local.
Appreciate 0