BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

10-24-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
nOEMm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e92

Vorsteiner GTS-V rep diffusers on ebay

Effort disclaimer: have done a number of searches but everything I found has either expired links or image tags that are no longer in service.

Have come to a conclusion that the Vorteiner GTS-V diffuser is the one I want, however I am a poor M3 driver and will not be buying an authentic one.

Situation: Seems like theres plenty tiawanese knock offs on ebay, do you guys have a preferred vendor or have experience with any of these? Insight on best path forward?

Links from a few I've found

https://m.ebay.com/itm/V-STYLE-FULL-...%257Ciid%253A3

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10-12-Vor-GTS...%257Ciid%253A2
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #2
GOFAST M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 Comp Package

I really like the GTS-V too!

I have not decided which route I will go yet, but have been looking at JL-motoring since they're a sponsor here. Plenty of pics on the website too, looks pretty good. I am a few months out on pulling the trigger right now, hoping to find some customer reviews. Seems by far the most legit so far.

Check it out:
http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E92_E...p/bmdi9219.htm

Edit: The ones you posted look nice also, are cheaper, and offer a decent return policy. Thanks for the links.
      10-24-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
nOEMm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOFAST M3 View Post
I really like the GTS-V too!

I have not decided which route I will go yet, but have been looking at JL-motoring since they're a sponsor here. Plenty of pics on the website too, looks pretty good. I am a few months out on pulling the trigger right now, hoping to find some customer reviews. Seems by far the most legit so far.

Check it out:
http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E92_E...p/bmdi9219.htm

Edit: The ones you posted look nice also, are cheaper, and offer a decent return policy. Thanks for the links.
From what I understand they all come from the same place aka asia. The benefit you get from buying from one of those discount vendors like jl motoring is that you have a customer-facing shop in the states that you can deal with the facilitate returns.

I can say from experience tho that I bought one of JL-Motoring's CF diffusers for my 335i a few years ago and the piece was so not close to fitting it was laughable. That said, bad fitting aftermarket diffusers are not uncommon, so i could have just got the unlucky duck. In their defense, they allowed me to return it for full refund.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 08:14 PM   #4
GOFAST M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 Comp Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOEMm View Post
From what I understand they all come from the same place aka asia. The benefit you get from buying from one of those discount vendors like jl motoring is that you have a customer-facing shop in the states that you can deal with the facilitate returns.

I can say from experience tho that I bought one of JL-Motoring's CF diffusers for my 335i a few years ago and the piece was so not close to fitting it was laughable. That said, bad fitting aftermarket diffusers are not uncommon, so i could have just got the unlucky duck. In their defense, they allowed me to return it for full refund.
Thanks a lot for that. I agree, all the same in the end. As you mentioned, the peace of mind of a reliable shop and return policy is great considering its a mixed bag with fitment, but even peace of mind isn't free haha.

Hope your next try is more successful, would appreciate an update if you choose to try one.
      11-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
r0cketm0nkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

If you are looking for a good fit GTS-V ish diffuser, you might want to look at Mode Carbon's LM diffuser. I just bought one and will be shipping in December. You're welcome to wait for my critique on it, but from what I read Mode Carbon's one of the better fitting brands out there. By contrast, Vorsteiner's stuff (the genuine stuff) fits like a game of roulette. Can't imagine what their replicas will fit like.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #6
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Personally I would get from a vendor, just like you said, it is easier to deal with if something is wrong with the product.

As for eBay parts I would avoid it no matter how much cheaper it is. From personal experience only, I never had any luck with eBay parts. Once I purchased a diffuser from an eBay vendor the fit was so off that I could fit my finger in the gap. Yet they tried to claim it was install error, wanted me to take it to a shop...etc, and after weeks of back and forth they agreed to refund a small portion of my money. Given they're located in China, shipping it back would cost the same amount as the part.

As for JL Motoring, so far I've had good luck with their stuff. Purchased both front lip and diffuser from them and the fit was 98% right on. I said 98% only because I am OCD and super picky. Having said that, I just purchased the side skirt extensions from them. Hoping it'll fit at least the same as the lip/diffuser.
Appreciate 1
nOEMm166.00