ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
BMW customer service

All I can say is EXCELLENT.
I have posted a thread about my car's problem few weeks ago and somehow this lady from BMW NA found about it and called me persistantly to know about the progress.
I'm not even sure how she got my info from that thread, I mean I'm sure she could get my info by some searching but hey, who really puts in effort to respond on a thread on INTERNET???
I told her my car is still having some noise issue and now she's making calls to service manager at my service dealer to let me know what they can do to take care of my problem.
I'm very glad that they treat me well for the money I paid for.
Big for BMW customer service.

Last edited by jlstyle; 07-08-2008 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Congrats, I have never heard of anything like this before.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Starscream
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ///M Roadster + E92 335i 6MT

I have also received totally amazing customer service time and time again from BMW,

I was also one of the very very few who was invited to actually SEE in real life the new 2009/2010 Z4,
Yes seriously Ive seen it I wasn't allowed ANYTHING inside the show, No camera's, no cell phones, They even questioned my watch! (which is an Omega Seamaster so it "could" have been one of the Q Branch James Bond Specials with camera feature)

Ive told them they have a customer for life and I mean it, Never have I had a car company go out for a customer,

Top job BMW!

Imola Red Roadster
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

How do the artists renderings hold up to the real thing?

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
im glad their service is great, but they need to hurry the hell up and get my new car into VPC pronto!
      07-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
Starscream
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
How do the artists renderings hold up to the real thing?
Not too far off, some pictures are just fantasy drawings and bear no resemblance at all,

The latest Ive seen that red photoshop one is the closest Ive seen,

trust me its outstanding, Very aggressive looking, beautiful lines and nicer interior,

Imola Red Roadster
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
erdoran
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4si

Starscream, how'd you get that invite???
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #8
narcolo
Rep
Drives: E85 E89 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Not too far off, some pictures are just fantasy drawings and bear no resemblance at all,

The latest Ive seen that red photoshop one is the closest Ive seen,

trust me its outstanding, Very aggressive looking, beautiful lines and nicer interior,

Is it evolutionary or revolutionary? I heard its just a bit more refined and polished - did they shy away from anything really new or shocking? (ie the crease behind the front wheel on the z4)

I hope they are still taking innovative styling risks and didn't tone down the exaggerated lines and gestures of the current car.....unlike the new 7....which is just ...uh unmemorable....
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
Starscream
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdoran View Post
Starscream, how'd you get that invite???
Not actually too sure,
Just a letter one day asking if Id be interested,

AND I got PAID!
$250 for coming!

Seriously couldn't believe it, Stuff like that doesn't come around too often,

Imola Red Roadster
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #10
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I'd be a little apprehensive and freaked out if BMW found my personal contact information and called me directly to talk to me about something I posted.

Then again maybe that's why they've denied every one of my media request to test drive their car despite my fully accredited media credentials...I've made too many disparaging remarks about BMW on them forums.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'd be a little apprehensive and freaked out if BMW found my personal contact information and called me directly to talk to me about something I posted.

Then again maybe that's why they've denied every one of my media request to test drive their car despite my fully accredited media credentials...I've made too many disparaging remarks about BMW on them forums.
Another dude got an invite to see the new Z4 a looong while back...said he got the invite after filling out a survey that most of us throw away.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Another dude got an invite to see the new Z4 a looong while back...said he got the invite after filling out a survey that most of us throw away.
I have no problem if I volunteered that information. I have a problem if I'm posting on a site, and someone TRACKED ME DOWN and found my personal information based on just a screen name.

I'd be asking right now how the hell did BMW find my name (which doesn't match my screen name), my phone number or email (neither of which are ever given on the intarweb), and why are they calling persistently.

Don't mean to sound ultra paranoid, but let me just say it is very unpleasant to have someone email you on your personal email account accusing you of some very ridiculous things based on a few posts you made online, and having to shut down that personal email account that you've used since Al Gore invented the intarweb because you've just about had it with the 20 emails in the last 2 hours from the same person. VERY UNPLEASANT.

In addition, I'd be VERY apprehensive if they started to ask for additional information. I'm surprised not more scammers are using the forums to phish for personal data. I mean, how hard would it be to pose as a BMW employee here and say "I'm with BMW NA. Sorry to hear about your problem. Give me your name, phone number, and SSN and I'll make sure you get taken advantage of, er, care of."

Not saying they do, but how many people would fall for this scam?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #13
BlackSapphireZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 GLE 53 Coupe

it's kinda scary...I posted about the sticky steering last summer... they called but nothing happened lol
      07-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #14
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphireZ View Post
it's kinda scary...I posted about the sticky steering last summer... they called but nothing happened lol
Really? Did you volunteer your phone number in the post?

Maybe BMW Customer Service has some sort of psychic ability...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Really? Did you volunteer your phone number in the post?

Maybe BMW Customer Service has some sort of psychic ability...
They just find you. Clearly showing you how vulnarable we are on the internet. And no I didn't hear anything from her again neither. Now I come to think what the hell was the point of calling me then????
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #16
narcolo
Rep
Drives: E85 E89 Z4

BMW and other automotive oems hold focus group "clinics" to test public response to future products. Many times participants don't know what the actual brand of the vehicle is. They are only shown exterior clay model proposals or sometimes just 3 view rendered illustrations.

Depending on the proposed target market for the particular vehicle, they will purchase demographic data from marketing firms. Normally this info is collected from surveys or other paperwork filled out at the time of vehicle purchase (ie. # of cars, household size and income, other cars owned, etc.) A marketing firm compiles this info and sells it to the automotive client, which is how they sort target groups to "evaluate" their vehicles.

For this car they were probably looking for "young, affluent, males" or "early adopters"
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #17
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcolo View Post
BMW and other automotive oems hold focus group "clinics" to test public response to future products. Many times participants don't know what the actual brand of the vehicle is. They are only shown exterior clay model proposals or sometimes just 3 view rendered illustrations.

Depending on the proposed target market for the particular vehicle, they will purchase demographic data from marketing firms. Normally this info is collected from surveys or other paperwork filled out at the time of vehicle purchase (ie. # of cars, household size and income, other cars owned, etc.) A marketing firm compiles this info and sells it to the automotive client, which is how they sort target groups to "evaluate" their vehicles.

For this car they were probably looking for "young, affluent, males" or "early adopters"
Again, for them to find volunteers for focus groups are one thing. For them to be actively seeking out posters and their contact information without consent is another if you ask me.

But hey, if you're okay with it. If BMW were to call me about this post, my first reaction would be "how the hell did you get this information and who gave it to you," not "BMW service is great!"
Appreciate 0