Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
PPINESM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 alpine M3

MPE exhaust removal to stock OEM exhaust?

It am looking to possibly trade in my f80 M3 which currently has MPE exhaust on and replace it with a stock OEM f80 M3 exhaust. I'm going to sell the MPE exhaust.

My question is do I have to buy a full stock exhaust or can I just buy the OEM muffler along with the tips in order to replace the MPE.

Any suggestions or advice would gladly be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

I believe stock is cut just past the secondary cats to install MPE, which means the resonator is different between MPE and stock, so by doing that, you'd have a MPE mid with stock muffler, which would make your MPE much less valuable. If MPE was just the muffler BMW would have sold it that way. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Bluer2
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

you cannot just swap the muffler, it will not fit on the MPE H pipe. You need to buy the stock exhaust all the way to where the cut was made for the MPE, which is right before the secondary cats.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
PPINESM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 alpine M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
I believe stock is cut just past the secondary cats to install MPE, which means the resonator is different between MPE and stock, so by doing that, you'd have a MPE mid with stock muffler, which would make your MPE much less valuable. If MPE was just the muffler BMW would have sold it that way. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer2 View Post
you cannot just swap the muffler, it will not fit on the MPE H pipe. You need to buy the stock exhaust all the way to where the cut was made for the MPE, which is right before the secondary cats.
Thank you for the information.

Looks like ill be looking for an OEM full stock exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Find someone who just installed the MPE and grab their stock exhaust. You'll have the exact parts you need. Plenty of these floating around...post in the classifieds and you should have some luck.

Or call your local shops that do lots of exhaust installs. I bet one of them will have an incoming F8X they'd be willing to sell you the OEM exhaust from/see if the owner want to sell it.