BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

03-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Sports plus...?

Sorry if I’m bringing up an obvious old chestnut but after a lot of thread searching I still can’t find a completely clear description of what the sports plus settings (engine) do (please ignore steering and dampers that’s fairly obvious) I have everything s+ mapped to M1 so I’ll say it that way.

The manual uses wording that suggests a throttle map. Threads talk about all sorts of stuff.

In practice if I press M1 the exhaust/engine(?) tone immediately deepens. If it’s a throttle map this shouldn’t happen, the throttle is in the same place and if it’s the butterfly valve, I thought it was physically opened by pressure?

I also find the car tends to ‘fizzle and pop’ in M1 like I suddenly enjoyed wearing Burberry and hanging around MacDonalds. Again if it’s just a throttle map would it cause this?

The car is definitely not tuned in any way, it’s the most vanilla f10 out there.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 02:07 AM   #2
hawker1986
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

I thought it was a throttle map and it opens up the second pair of exhaust tips for some more good time noise
Appreciate 0