R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

07-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
SnoozieToofs
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M235i, M3

Post 275/35/19 Toyo R888R on Front Fitment.

Hello all. I'm researching some fitment options for upgrading my front wheel and tire combo. I'm wondering if there is anyway to fit the Toyo R888s on the front and get away without any rubbing.

I've done all the research I could and even though the general consensus seems to be around running a 30 series front tire as opposed to a 35, I still feel that there maybe a way to make this work. Perhaps one of the more hardcore (less risk averse) members on here have run this setup?

With that being said. There is a plethora of information out there that has let me narrow the wheel sizing down to a 19x9.5 + 22 for an "ideal' setup. The problem I am running into is that I cannot find the stock wheel to strut measurements to help guide me any further. The R888 are pretty meaty and I'm afraid that running a lower offset will solve any potential strut clearance issue, but at the same time (due to the 26.6" Tire Diameter) will incur rubbing during full lock turning as result of the Wider Stance. So to counter this, I was wondering if perhaps a 19x9.5 +25 would work instead and still have ample strut clearance with those tires?

Also, My car is on the M-Performance HAS suspension. Is there a difference in strut to wheel clearance for this compared to the KW HAS suspension? Everything I found is on the KWs reduced clearance and pretty much nothing on the MP HAS. Thanks for any help and insight you guys can provide on this.

P.S. I have also looked into running 265/35/19 like most members on here, but since I will be doing a 305/30/19 or possibly even the 325/30/19 in the back (19x11 +44) , I would prefer to stay as close to the stock front to back width ratio as possible in order to avoid any understeer issues. I have even toyed with potentially running the 295/30 option but that seems a bit overkill for a 9.5' wheel and steering feel no?
Appreciate 0