BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

2009 E90s (non-M) at Steven's Creek BMW

If anyone wants to see the 2009 E90 (non M) sedan tail lights in person, go to Steven's Creek BMW. They have about 9 cars but they are in the back lot (behind the Saturn dealer).

I think they look much better than the standard E90 lights. However, I am not sure I like them better than the black lines.

Regarding the new front end styling (non-M3 only I am assuming), it is not as radical or as impressive as I thought. The headlights have LED side markers but it looks a bit strange to me. Also the actual headlight is a different shape making it look like it has eyebrows.

Anyway, you can see for yourself for all you Nor Cal people. Maybe it just takes time getting used to it
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Very cool! Thanks for letting us know. My wife and may trade in our '05 e46 325i in for a '09 e90... since the face lift IMO is a huge improvement for the e90... and IMO, the introduction e90 was truly the worst looking BMW ever produced... the did a good job cleaning up Bangles' best (worst) work.
No problem. I thiink going from a standard E90 to the new 2009 is a huge improvement. Assuming the new M3s only get the tail lights, I don't know if the improvement will be as dramatic. Of course the iDrive will be much better.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep

Yes, I definitely agree with you on all points. Right now I am dealing with the infamous ticking sound between 1 and 3K. Hopefully that will be resolved soon one way or another. The good thing is that they gave me my car back while they try to figure out the issue and get parts necessry to swap out a timing chain. I am loving the car but at the same time apprehensive about the ticking issue. Good thing is my dealer will take care of me. So it is just me being a baby and wanting my toy in perfect working order now

Quote:
Oh, I love my e90 M3 just the way it is... I wouldn't change the thing. But I do like the improvements for the standard e90 3... it is how the car should have looked when it launched in '06.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep

Yes. I am on my second car and it has the same issue. Could have been a batchof parts that were not up to spec? In either case, I will be in a new M3 if that is the case. My car only has 1700 miles on it. Funny thing is that people that heard it said it sounds just like the sound the E46 M3s with the bearing issues were making.

But like I said, my dealer has been top notch so I am not worried about the outcome. Just impatient.

Quote:
Oh, you have the ticking issue... that kinda sucks. Timing chain is what they think it is?

I remember back with the e46 M3 "kaboom" problems that they were able to do a lead test to determine if the main bearing was failing.

I'm sorry to hear about your car though... I think a few people had their motors replaced because of this.

One day after some spirited driving and pulling into the garage... when the car idled I heard a ticking/clicking that was completely sporadic and not a timed out sound... it was odd. But haven't heard it since...
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, second one! Crazy... I'm thinking both our cars came to the West Coast at the same time! LOL

Mine was born on 3/08. Yours?

I only heard that odd ticking once... but it could have been water hitting the hot pan... I was running the A/C on the way home that day. I have 2000 miles on her now.
My current one was 5/08. The previous one I believe was 3/08. I have heard a water evaporation noise after I stopped the car but I think that was the air conditioner. I only heard the ticking while revving it up. I do hear some ticking when I turn the car off but I think that is just exhaust cooling off. Where did you get your?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I picked up mine at Weatherford... got a really good deal on her. Was eyeing a SSII at SFBMW, but they weren't willing to do much of a deal at the time... and I also had my eye on the AW "sunroof" delete at Weatherford and it was a done deal. The AW was completely loaded minus the sunroof which was perfect. I couldn't be happier with the car... Where did you get yours?
I got mine at Steven's Creek BMW. I was actually planning on going through a broker but they were so professional w/o any of the usual pressure tactics that I decided to buy a car off the lot. I have not regretted the decision as they have far exceeded my expectations for customer services especially with the issues I ran into with my car.

How is Weatherford?
Appreciate 0