BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
kmax1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red

clicking in driver seat?

Hi guys, I just took delivery of a e93 m3, fully loaded canadian spec and in putting about 500kms on it, I have noticed sometimes when I shift my weight or move around in the drivers seat i hear/feel a clicking noise as though some plastic piece(s) under the seat cushion are bending or flexing against each other.

I'm 6'3" 215lbs, so definitely not small, but I never had this issue in my e90 330i with the sport seats...

Any thoughts??? I'm hoping this is maybe just the seat "breaking in"....

Thanks,

Kevin
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
edlms
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I had a similar problem as well...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156389

The agent tried to tighten the various screws (eg the track screws) but the problem kept coming back. eventually, they got an upholstery guy to tighten the internal screws and that solved the problem. don't know the exact details though...

hope this helps.

cheers
GruppeM CAI, GruppeM Titanium Exhaust, Matt Black Grills, Custom Steering Wheel, Alcantara Steering Wheel, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, M Tech Pedals, M Tech Gear Knob, 19" Schmeiden Rims-Gunmetal, 3D Rear Diffuser, AA SSK
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
TonyCzar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

Am also a big guy, and I have the same issue. Just doesn't bug me much.
      11-01-2008, 02:30 AM   #4
kmax1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red

just seems poorly built for such an expensive car... but having someone tear open the seats to "tighten" internal screws sounds scary (opening the stitching on the leather???) perhaps it would be best to learn to live with the creaking/clicking....
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
edlms
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmax1980 View Post
just seems poorly built for such an expensive car... but having someone tear open the seats to "tighten" internal screws sounds scary (opening the stitching on the leather???) perhaps it would be best to learn to live with the creaking/clicking....
don't think they touched the leather, cos i didn't notice any difference.
what i think they did was to get in and under the seat to access the internal screws...

but you're right about build quality for such money (especially here in Singapore) but thankfully, this has been the only irritation thus far.

cheers
GruppeM CAI, GruppeM Titanium Exhaust, Matt Black Grills, Custom Steering Wheel, Alcantara Steering Wheel, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, M Tech Pedals, M Tech Gear Knob, 19" Schmeiden Rims-Gunmetal, 3D Rear Diffuser, AA SSK
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

I had it happen to me and it turned out that one of the wires underneath was not properly wound, so everytime the seat moved the wires would scrub against the railin.

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0