BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
judsonabts
Rep
Drives:

128i Arrived - Missing Something

I posted this over at Bimmerfest and someone suggested I look for an answer here..

----
beautiful cashmere/black 128i in

zpp, zsp, zcw, xenon, premium audio -- but where is my ipod adapter?

they didn't order it with that and i didn't catch them missing it --- i had put in every one of my emails that i wanted the ipod adapter however it was definitely my fault for not checking their submitted order more thoroughly!

so what can i do?

this is a lease so i can't hack it apart

really puts a damper on the whole thing...

i'm a spoiled brat

----

update : really not sure anything can put a damper on the experience... its such a great car, my only regret is leasing 2 years as opposed to just buying it!

still need to know about the ipod adapter tho -- is the DICE just as good? can i get it installed ona lease?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonabts View Post
I posted this over at Bimmerfest and someone suggested I look for an answer here..

----
beautiful cashmere/black 128i in

zpp, zsp, zcw, xenon, premium audio -- but where is my ipod adapter?

they didn't order it with that and i didn't catch them missing it --- i had put in every one of my emails that i wanted the ipod adapter however it was definitely my fault for not checking their submitted order more thoroughly!

so what can i do?

this is a lease so i can't hack it apart

really puts a damper on the whole thing...

i'm a spoiled brat

----

update : really not sure anything can put a damper on the experience... its such a great car, my only regret is leasing 2 years as opposed to just buying it!

still need to know about the ipod adapter tho -- is the DICE just as good? can i get it installed ona lease?

is it on the purchase agreement? If so, you could get them to install one (on them) for you. If not, maybe they would split the cost with you. It's about $500-$600 installed
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
is it on the purchase agreement? If so, you could get them to install one (on them) for you. If not, maybe they would split the cost with you. It's about $500-$600 installed
OP, just be aware that going this route will not give you the USB connetion, just the ipod adaptor.

You took the time to order the car you wanted and you should get the car you wanted. There isn't someone with a gun to your head forcing you to take delivery of the car, especially if the options are not correct. If they screwed up your order, you absolutely have to have the USB port and you don't mind waiting 2 or 3 more months you could always reorder it.

That being said, if it was your mistake and not theirs and you could live with the dealer installed ipod adapter instead of 6FL then I'd just take the car and get the adapter installed.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
judsonabts
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lib View Post
OP, just be aware that going this route will not give you the USB connetion, just the ipod adaptor.

You took the time to order the car you wanted and you should get the car you wanted. There isn't someone with a gun to your head forcing you to take delivery of the car, especially if the options are not correct. If they screwed up your order, you absolutely have to have the USB port and you don't mind waiting 2 or 3 more months you could always reorder it.

That being said, if it was your mistake and not theirs and you could live with the dealer installed ipod adapter instead of 6FL then I'd just take the car and get the adapter installed.
well, i made it clear in my own writeup (included the options i wanted and the price i was willing to pay).... they accepted and ordered it... sent me the order sheet and i didn't notice of the 10 options, that wasn't on there...

i ended up PAYING what i was willing to pay WITH the ipod adapter

so no way to control my ipod and view it in the dash and all that unless it was installed at the factory?

glad i didn't sell all my CDs
ha

CDs sound much better anyways but in a 128i, its REALLY not fun having a CD book kickin in there, the thing is tiny
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Bottom line for me is you paid for it so take your documentation in to the CA and get it settled one way or the other...minimum is a refund on the cost of the item you didn't get.

Second bottom line...let it be a lesson learned...read all the very important documentation before signing off. If it's any consulation...you are not the first to not paying close attention to detail. Fool me once...

Call
      06-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
judsonabts
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Bottom line for me is you paid for it so take your documentation in to the CA and get it settled one way or the other...minimum is a refund on the cost of the item you didn't get.

Second bottom line...let it be a lesson learned...read all the very important documentation before signing off. If it's any consulation...you are not the first to not paying close attention to detail. Fool me once...

Call
yes, good point... my mistake for sure...

so is there an ipod adapter that lets me view on BMW display and use steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
judsonabts
Rep
Drives:

btw, its $467 to have it put in

as it is a lease, i'm not paying all of that... or if i do, i'll be taking it with me when i turn the car back in...

i'm a little annoyed that they are insinuating that i would pay the $467 on a lease...

at the very least a split would be fair
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

there's an audio jack under the armrest. connect the ipod there and get a little rf remote control to operate the ipod wihtout having to lift the armrest. that's what i do and it works and sounds very good.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonabts View Post
btw, its $467 to have it put in

as it is a lease, i'm not paying all of that... or if i do, i'll be taking it with me when i turn the car back in...

i'm a little annoyed that they are insinuating that i would pay the $467 on a lease...

at the very least a split would be fair
well technically it is not part of the msrp, so the $467 is not residualized. What you really need to have is something that shows the agreed price is BASED on a car with an ipod adapter. Even if it is an email. A purchase agreement would be better but...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
judsonabts
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
well technically it is not part of the msrp, so the $467 is not residualized. What you really need to have is something that shows the agreed price is BASED on a car with an ipod adapter. Even if it is an email. A purchase agreement would be better but...
they are so great at the dealership i'm at... while i had asked for it, apparently on a couple emails back and forth i missed that and it was def my responsibility to catch it before going into production

my payments go up 19 a month to have it

i really dont care... i have a great deal and the service has been steller

now if they can just throw in the floormats because that is a RIDICULOUS item to pay extra for
Appreciate 0