BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Lepse38
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3

Dropping off in Geneva.

Hello all,

If anybody has any experience dropping the car off in Geneva, can you tell me how long was your wait for redelivery/

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Omega Man
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepse38 View Post
Hello all,

If anybody has any experience dropping the car off in Geneva, can you tell me how long was your wait for redelivery/

Thanks
It goes like clockwork from what I hear.:smile: Geneva, get it. Seriously, it depends on when it gets to the port of discharge. You could be lucky and have the car arrive right in the slot to be added to a departing ship or it could arrive right after the cutoff and you're waiting the full turn for the next one. Most ports have a weekly cutoff day like Wednesday for the goods to be at the port. At least that's the way it works at the Long Beach/LA port. I think the rest of the wait is about 4 weeks after the ship leaves, best case. East Coast less, west coast more. In total 6-8 weeks is my guess.
The black and red andrenaline rush has finally made it home from Sebastian Olszewski and the group at Mike Smith Beaumont. Got it right before the big storm hit, as in 36 hours before. So lucky. Anyway, these folks are a great dealership to do business with.
Ordered June 2008
ED July 2008
Stateside delivery September 2008
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Lepse38
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
It goes like clockwork from what I hear.:smile: Geneva, get it. Seriously, it depends on when it gets to the port of discharge. You could be lucky and have the car arrive right in the slot to be added to a departing ship or it could arrive right after the cutoff and you're waiting the full turn for the next one. Most ports have a weekly cutoff day like Wednesday for the goods to be at the port. At least that's the way it works at the Long Beach/LA port. I think the rest of the wait is about 4 weeks after the ship leaves, best case. East Coast less, west coast more. In total 6-8 weeks is my guess.
Got the "clockwork"! Thanks
Appreciate 0