BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

ED toll sticker question

For those that took their cars thru Switzerland, is it true the toll stickers can be purchased in gas stations? The Switzerland tourism site doesn't give this information. If not, where can they be purchased and how much are they? Thank you!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Yes you can buy them at gas stations. We had to do this for the Austrian toll sticker. Basically, just stop at a gas station when you're getting close to the border. They'll ask when you want to activate it, tell them you wanted activated that day. You also have to choose a sticker based on how long you want. I think there's like a 7 day sticker for Switzerland, not sure though.

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

I believe the stickers are needed if you are on "A" roads in Austria.
This is the first I have heard of one for Switzerland.
I drove around in both countries but stayed on surface streets.
I put 1513 miles on my 135i while I was there.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

thanks for the replies so far, guys. According to the BMW ED site, it notes that switzerland, austria, and the czek rep. require toll stickers. Austria's tourism site gives good information on this, but Switzerland's is devoid of any mention of their use of toll stickers. I know a few members here visited switzerland, so if they could chime in, that would be awesome! Thank you!:thumbup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Rossmar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Swiss vignettes must be placed on one of the four corners around the driver, they cost 40 Swiss Francs (about $40 USD) and are good for 14 months.