BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
Don-Corleone
Rep
Drives:

Performance Package

Hi Guys,

Let me start by saying this is an excellent forum and looking forward to purchasing a 135 soon :w00t:!

Anyhow, I test drove the 135 i performance package this past Saturday here in Europe and I was wondering if the individual and performance package are available in the US on a special order?

I am aware that some options might not be available for US spec vehicle but wondered if for Euro delivery they would build a car to my specs since I am currently stationed in Europe and would come home with one.

My local Florida dealer didn't know what I was talking about until I brought him the specs from the vehicle I test drove from the BMW importer in Belgium.

This car is absolutely amazing :thumbup:! It was some kind of coral red with alcantara obsidian leather, with carbon fiber trim and all kind of performance upgrades such as firmer suspensions, exhausts, big brakes, carbon fiber elements in the lower rear diffuser and short throw shifter.

I am getting a quote for a special built Monaco blue with lemon and blue leather individual interior with performance package and see how much this would be. I didn't want the sports seats since they were too arch and not electric.

Thanks for the info if anyone knows.

Don-

PS: pics of the interior from my cell phone sorry for the little size:

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
emm3tt
Out Driving
Rep
Drives:

//raises magnifying glass

01 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

The performance items that you seem to have pictured (they are just thumbnails, so it's tough to tell), are all available aftermarket from the dealership network in the States.

You cannot order one pre-built from the factory, even via European Delivery, since you have to order it US Spec when doing ED, and want to have them import it to the States.

The seats are an issue, since BMW has stated they cannot bring them into this country (probably would require recertification of crash testing), but the seats those were based off of are available from places like HMS Motorsports.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #4
Don-Corleone
Rep
Drives:

Thanks guys,

I am sorry my v3 isn't the best cell phone for pics and it saved them as thumbnails.

Anyhow, it seems that you can get most of the performance package parts in the US (I don't mind the seat as it was too arch for my taste) but I am wondering about the Individual options?

They had an Individual corner much like they have at any Porsche Center where you can select leather color and grade as well as interior inserts...very cool options as I like to get my upholstery work from the factory not the after market cheap look. They had an option for liners around the mats which looked very good, reminded me of what Range Rover had on the Holland and Holland version or what the top of the line Bentleys have.

Don-
Appreciate 0