BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Soon-to-be 135i owner...BSM/Coral or AW/Black?

After lusting over the 1 hatch when it was first released, then blown away when I first caught wind of the 1 coupe in 2007, I'm finally ordering a 135i to call my own Almost everything I know about the 1 I learned on 1Addicts, this is a truly awesome forum.

I had wanted Alpine White w/ Coral Red. My salesguy told me that he might not be able to do a custom order when I was at the dealership on Saturday, something about not having enough allocations for factory orders (I know that July is last-call for production), but that he'd let me know today. So of course I got the call today telling me that they're not able to submit another custom order.

So basically, I have to now choose between BSM with Coral Red, or AW with Black leather. I'm getting the M Sport package, so the headliner will be black. I'm pretty much tearing my hair out trying to figure out which combo to pick...help me!!!

I was thinking about waiting for the 2010s, but there's a $3500 rebate right now on the 135i here in Canada, and that's just too good to pass up on.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by touareg View Post
After lusting over the 1 hatch when it was first released, then blown away when I first caught wind of the 1 coupe in 2007, I'm finally ordering a 135i to call my own Almost everything I know about the 1 I learned on 1Addicts, this is a truly awesome forum.

I had wanted Alpine White w/ Coral Red. My salesguy told me that he might not be able to do a custom order when I was at the dealership on Saturday, something about not having enough allocations for factory orders (I know that July is last-call for production), but that he'd let me know today. So of course I got the call today telling me that they're not able to submit another custom order.

So basically, I have to now choose between BSM with Coral Red, or AW with Black leather. I'm getting the M Sport package, so the headliner will be black. I'm pretty much tearing my hair out trying to figure out which combo to pick...help me!!!

I was thinking about waiting for the 2010s, but there's a $3500 rebate right now on the 135i here in Canada, and that's just too good to pass up on.
No regrets...shoot for the color combo you want, call other dealers who are willing to match your best price.
      06-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

yeah, check with other dealers, they might be able to squeeze you into the production slot. if not, i would go with the BSM/Coral because the coral is just drop dead sexy. my car is aw/coral
      06-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

you're one lucky guy with that AW/Coral combo. the salesguy i'm dealing with is actually a friend of my brother-in-law, and he actually offered me a very good deal. That, plus i HATE haggling.

but all said, i might be starting to lean towards the BSM/Coral...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Wait July is the last month to put an order? until when?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
Norcal135
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 BSM/CR, 3 pedals
Location: Marin County, CA - north of the Golden Gate, left of everywhere

BSM w CR

I have a BSM with CR on order right now (my baby is in Bremerhaven waiting to hitch a ride to the west coast). Honestly you cannot go wrong with either combo - BMW of SF, where I ordered my car, had a white on black with M sport on their lot and it looked really sharp - I almost went for that one. I did some soul searching though, and realized that I had my heart set on the BSM with CR (I was doubly sure when I saw the new Z4 that had just arrived in BSM/CR).

BTW - I was just up in your fair city last week - had great weather, had dim sum at Pearl's, dinner at Cats on Granville Isl.

Good luck with your deliberations!!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #7
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
To the best of my knowledge, for most/all of August, the factory won't be producing many/any cars as it gets prepared for the next model year. Plus I think August is a bit of a vacation month for the factory workers as well. Definitely correct me if I'm mistaken, my memory is a bit hazy on this one.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal135 View Post
I have a BSM with CR on order right now (my baby is in Bremerhaven waiting to hitch a ride to the west coast). Honestly you cannot go wrong with either combo - BMW of SF, where I ordered my car, had a white on black with M sport on their lot and it looked really sharp - I almost went for that one. I did some soul searching though, and realized that I had my heart set on the BSM with CR (I was doubly sure when I saw the new Z4 that had just arrived in BSM/CR).

BTW - I was just up in your fair city last week - had great weather, had dim sum at Pearl's, dinner at Cats on Granville Isl.

Good luck with your deliberations!!
You caught Vancouver at a very good time...the weather is a lot cooler right now, with a bit of rain as well. Never been to SF, but i took a road trip to LA a couple of years ago in my beloved A4.

I wasn't crazy about a black/aluminum interior as that's what I've had in my A4 for 7 years...I wanted something a bit different. Plus with the black headliner, I was wondering if it might be a bit too dark.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #9
Lionel Hutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

If they want your $$, they can find you a car with the specs you want at another dealership and do a dealer trade. That's how I'm getting mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #10
Norcal135
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You caught Vancouver at a very good time...the weather is a lot cooler right now, with a bit of rain as well. Never been to SF, but i took a road trip to LA a couple of years ago in my beloved A4.

I wasn't crazy about a black/aluminum interior as that's what I've had in my A4 for 7 years...I wanted something a bit different. Plus with the black headliner, I was wondering if it might be a bit too dark.
When I sat in the AW/BL with BL headliner, it did not seem too dark, but I know what you mean about the BL interior - everyone has black, grey or beige - the red just jumped out to me the first time I saw it - it is so sharp and looks great in the 1er (IMO, the same combo, BSM/CR, does not look as good on the 335)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #11
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
you're one lucky guy with that AW/Coral combo. the salesguy i'm dealing with is actually a friend of my brother-in-law, and he actually offered me a very good deal. That, plus i HATE haggling.

but all said, i might be starting to lean towards the BSM/Coral...
yeah, BSM/Coral is a gorgeous combination, my mercedes is black on black, i love black, but it is a royal PITA to clean. invest in some ONR and you should be good to go, washing will be a thing of great frequency. with my mercedes it is either really clean, or really dirty, there is no in between.

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, for most/all of August, the factory won't be producing many/any cars as it gets prepared for the next model year. Plus I think August is a bit of a vacation month for the factory workers as well. Definitely correct me if I'm mistaken, my memory is a bit hazy on this one.
you are right, all of August the factory is closed. the last productions roll out in the end of July, so therefore dealers usually stop taking orders at the end of June/early July as there are no more slots available. however, if they have a car that hasnt been sold yet on order at the Leipzig factory that is a 1, they can modify that to your specs at the last minute before it goes into production.
      06-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #12
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

thanks everyone for the great feedback. i'll give my salesguy a call tomorrow and see what's up, perhaps i'll call a couple of the other dealerships first to see if there's still some way to get the car i want, at a price i like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
yeah, BSM/Coral is a gorgeous combination, my mercedes is black on black, i love black, but it is a royal PITA to clean. invest in some ONR and you should be good to go, washing will be a thing of great frequency. with my mercedes it is either really clean, or really dirty, there is no in between.
my sister has a black-on-black SLK at the moment, and my brother had a black-on-black E36 325i quite a while ago, so i definitely know what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal135 View Post
When I sat in the AW/BL with BL headliner, it did not seem too dark, but I know what you mean about the BL interior - everyone has black, grey or beige - the red just jumped out to me the first time I saw it - it is so sharp and looks great in the 1er (IMO, the same combo, BSM/CR, does not look as good on the 335)
right on...nearly all of my friends and family have cars with a black interior! CR might look a bit too saturated in photos but it looks great in person, not too shouty at all
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 01:40 AM   #13
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

out of the 2 colour combos. For sure go with BSM/Coral.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 02:13 AM   #14
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

bsm/coral is so sexy
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 05:14 AM   #15
tbird
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Bianca" 135cic AW/TC

Garage List
2008 135cic  [0.00]
Same, go with BSM/CR. A lot of 1's I have seen are this color combo.

Plus, AW/Blk, your car would literally be black&white, that seems a bit bland. I mean, if you like it, great. But it just seems a bit monochromatic and dull.

Yes, black is harder to clean, and CR will fade, acknowledged. But living in Canada, you have less sun. I think the effects will be minimized.

BSM/CR!

And, congrats on getting your 1. You will truly love it!
2008 135cic, Alpine White/Terracotta Leather/BlackTop, Premium Package (Bluetooth, folding mirrors, etc), Sport Package with M Wheel, Navigation, Logic7 with HD and IPod and Sirius, Steptronic, M Aerodynamic Kit

2001 Focus ZX3, modified for fun commuting

Previous
2006 325xi
2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
1984 Audi 4000S Quattro modified
1955 Ford Thunderbird
1969 Camaro modified
1993 Ford Explorer (basic hauling)
1984+1988 Ford Broncos
1993 Honda Civic (Commuter, junk)
2008 Mini (wife's car, AWESOME)
A few more
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So I made a quick call to another dealership, and they've got a AW/Coral 135 on the lot, with all the options I wanted, except that it also has the Premium Sound pkg and the backup sensors...this is the closest config I've found so far, and the fact that it's on the lot is great, cause that means I can get my car a lot faster

Gonna check it out after work today and see what kinda offer I can get, but I'm definitely glad I called around. If things fall through with this other dealership, I can always fall back on the BSM/Coral.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #17
Schneller!
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi & 2010 X535i

AW/Black!
      06-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So I made a quick call to another dealership, and they've got a AW/Coral 135 on the lot, with all the options I wanted, except that it also has the Premium Sound pkg and the backup sensors...this is the closest config I've found so far, and the fact that it's on the lot is great, cause that means I can get my car a lot faster

Gonna check it out after work today and see what kinda offer I can get, but I'm definitely glad I called around. If things fall through with this other dealership, I can always fall back on the BSM/Coral.
go for it if you get a good deal. is it a MT? report back...
      06-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
Norcal135
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Premium sound and back up sensors are very much worth getting IMO
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #20
sawbones
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White on Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
for a 2009, after that you are into MY2010

G
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #21
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

BSM/Coral

The BSM paint is really nice when close up to the vehicle and the red interior sets it off. you wont regret it.
      06-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbones View Post
for a 2009, after that you are into MY2010

G
When is the confidental MY2010 Wholesale sheet released? in July or in August?
Appreciate 0