BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-30-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Ordered my FORGE FMIC

Looking forward to this being fitted in a few weeks. I have been waiting for this for some time now so really excited about it.

I am having it fitted by Evolve too, so no need for me to worry about someone else, or even me having to fit it.

Currently running Std boost, but waiting to see the price on the BMW Performance upgrade before I decide on what to do on the remap front. I like the idea of the extra cooling they fit, but if it works out to be really stupid money, I will be back to Evolve for their Map.

After that, I think I will need to buy shares in Bridgestone as my first set of rear tyres only made it to 10k miles on a std map

When I have this fitted I will post my thoughts on it
      07-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Why are you waiting on the BMW remap - I'm guessing not for warranty - I think they'll spot the FMIC
      07-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
Why are you waiting on the BMW remap - I'm guessing not for warranty - I think they'll spot the FMIC
I am keen on the extra cooling it provides.

Also, it may be difficult to attribute blame to the FMIC for warranty claims. I agree they would definatley try if it was engine or transmission related.
      07-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
sbefar01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1er

Cant really blame a FMIC for engine prob unless the FMIC actually breaks or fails. Same as adding intake basically only the colder air is a benefit.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

I am sure the dealer would not attribute an engine failure to an upgraded FMIC. I am VERY sure they would be looking for any signs of tampering in the Engine Control Box area with a fine-toothed comb. Not to mention they will have scanned for tuner codes and anything possibly associated to that.
      07-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
I am sure the dealer would not attribute an engine failure to an upgraded FMIC. I am VERY sure they would be looking for any signs of tampering in the Engine Control Box area with a fine-toothed comb. Not to mention they will have scanned for tuner codes and anything possibly associated to that.
Not at all; I've talked with service advisors at three separate BMW dealerships, one in Maryland, one in Missouri, and one in Kansas, and all of them have said they don't bother looking for warranty violation unless the ower brings in their car with an unusual warranty claim. BMW's central server, the ISIS system, can read more than a dealer's local diagnostics and they won't void your warranty unless there is obvious signs of warrany voiding activity when the owner brings the vehicle in for a warranty claim.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

LOL... I did not say that a dealer would just arbitrarily check all of this. That would be dumb. If you look at my first sentence I might have mentioned something about an engine failure. That might fall into the whole unusual warranty claim territory. I simply stated one particular situation is all.