BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Safe to detail a new car?

Is it recommended to detail a new car? My car should be here in 2-3 weeks and want to start off owning her the right way.

Suggestions in norcal?
      04-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
Is it recommended to detail a new car? My car should be here in 2-3 weeks and want to start off owning her the right way.

Suggestions in norcal?
yes you should have it detailed by a professional right away. make sure you do not let the dealer "prep" the car as that will only give you swirl marks at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
PM d00t, he's in NorCal and can do the work for you. You DEFINITELY want a detail when you pickup a new car.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

Second the PM to d00t (Aaron), he did an amazing job on my car (Review and pics to come)!!! Also, get a clearbra put on that bad boy. Honestly just go to HD Auto Salon. Have aaron do the detail there, then have the bra and other goodies put on right after. Start her off right, give her the chance at a long healthy beautiful life, lol.

I pick up my car tomorrow, went and checked her out tonight, I couldn't wait. If you stop in at HD Auto salon, tell them you want to check out my car, they will show you what they have done.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
d00t
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsis View Post
PM d00t, he's in NorCal and can do the work for you. You DEFINITELY want a detail when you pickup a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanmike View Post
Second the PM to d00t (Aaron), he did an amazing job on my car (Review and pics to come)!!! Also, get a clearbra put on that bad boy. Honestly just go to HD Auto Salon. Have aaron do the detail there, then have the bra and other goodies put on right after. Start her off right, give her the chance at a long healthy beautiful life, lol.

I pick up my car tomorrow, went and checked her out tonight, I couldn't wait. If you stop in at HD Auto salon, tell them you want to check out my car, they will show you what they have done.
Thanks Mike! I'll hopefully be able to catch you tonight!

I definitely agree. Not only will it come from the factory swirled to hell (usually), but the boys at the dealership just LOVE to wash them. If it's a special order M3 (what it sounds like), call the dealership and INSIST they do NOT touch the car. Tell them to leave EVERY plastic on the car. Whichever detailer you decide to go with, let them do it. They will have the proper tools and knowledge to remove it safely, followed by a safe wash and polish, and wax.

You are definitely on the right track to keep the car looking as good as realistically possible going this route!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

thanks for the tip guys!

mexicanmike - post up some pics!

Aaron - ill hit u up after i get my car. Should be here in 2 weeks
      04-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

I will post up some pics tonight. The car has less than 4000 miles on it so it wasn't super beat up. It had some light swirling from what I assume was the dealers handy work. I am sure Aaron has before and after pics so I am going to PM him for them as I failed to take before pics.

I'll take pics tonight, may be a little dust as I parked the car and left for the weekend after getting it back.

Full review for HD Auto Salon and Aaron to come....
Appreciate 0