BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Thumbs up Congratulations to Billy Johnson On Behalf of HP Autowerks

If you haven’t been following Billy Johnson as a race car driver, now may be the time to start paying attention. He has been phenomenal in Grand Am Cup and recently just stepped up to make his debut in NASCAR.

Billy is a great guy and his success is well deserved. We enjoyed sharing the pits with him in the Redline Time Attack series and wish him well with his career, it certainly looks bright.

Here is the article from MotoIQ with more information as well as a video of Jeff Tyler driving Laguna Seca in our 335i race car!

Article starts here:

Fast Lap with Billy Johnson: Laguna Seca
Mike Kojima posted on September 01, 2010 22:28

Fast Lap with Billy Johnson: Laguna Seca
By Billy Johnson

Billy is back. In case you haven't been paying attention, MotoIQ's chief hotshoe has been pretty busy lately kicking butt in Grand Am cup and has recently made his debut in NASCAR.

To see more of Billy's Fast Laps click here!
http://www.motoiq.com/columns/fast_l...y_johnson.aspx

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, previously known simply as “Laguna Seca” was built in 1957 on the land of Fort Ord; which was a maneuvering area and artillery target range for the US Army. World-renowned (by the help of Playstation video games for the younger generation), the track has hosted Champ Car, ALMS, Grand-Am, Moto GP, World Superbike, Formula 5000, Trans-Am, Can Am, and has been the site for several very memorable races. In 1988 the track was increased to its current 2.238 mile, 11-turn configuration with 300 feet of elevation change and the world-famous “Corkscrew” Turn 8.

In recent years, the walls have been pushed back in Turns 1, 6, the “Rahal Straight”, and turn 9 with significantly more run off room and a more gradual crest approaching the Corkscrew. New FIA curbing was introduced as well as giant red “bread boxes” at every apex to deter drivers from straight-lining corners and dropping tires in the dirt.

With a billiard smooth and a notoriously slick racing surface, Laguna Seca has become world famous for its signature “Corkscrew” and a configuration that makes for exciting racing. After driving many of the tracks in North America, I would have to call Laguna Seca my home track and one of my personal favorites.

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO SEE OUR RACE CAR AT LAGUNA SECA
http://vimeo.com/9175125

While not I behind the wheel, this is an excellent video of Jeff Tyler turning a lap of Laguna Seca behind the wheel of the HP Autowerks E90 335i

Link to original post: http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...guna-seca.aspx

Last edited by HP Autosport; 09-06-2010 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0