BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
djParis
Registered
Rep
Drives: 997.2 C4S

Northern Virginia Dealers

Has anyone here put down a deposit at a local nothern Virginia dealership? I decided to stop modding my 2006 350z and start saving for the E92 M3, but don't want to pay more than msrp. I have had an experience with BMW of Fairfax and those guys seem like idiots. I have my car paid off and an additional $10,000 cash saved up so far, and hope to pay almost all cash for the M whenever it finally does come out. Probably a no option black on black beast .

Cheers from a noob. (to this forum)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
spud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

You are correct about BMW fairfax.

I went with Sterling BMW. I keep hearing that Passport BMW in MD is an even better place...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
do all your price shopping around the beltway, and after you are fed up rely all your frustration to Passport, you be pleasantly surprise.
My CA is Yves, and if you want to do ED, talk to Joern

Im doing my e92/M3 with them 3 yrs from now.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djParis View Post
Has anyone here put down a deposit at a local nothern Virginia dealership? I decided to stop modding my 2006 350z and start saving for the E92 M3, but don't want to pay more than msrp. I have had an experience with BMW of Fairfax and those guys seem like idiots. I have my car paid off and an additional $10,000 cash saved up so far, and hope to pay almost all cash for the M whenever it finally does come out. Probably a no option black on black beast .

Cheers from a noob. (to this forum)
I will not charge over MSRP for a deposit. I am the resident "M" encyclopedia at my Center and have owned a few. Feel free to contact me anytime. I'm a half hour away from Faifax. Exit 30A off the beltway. Welcome to the forum!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
James31278
Rep
Drives: M3 GTR

I know theres a dealership in sterling.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
JimKim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 330cic

NoVa dealer rundown (personal opinion of course!):

BMW of Fairfax: Most convenient location, but their salespeople and service department will have you running to a Lexus dealership. They are generally overpriced too, given their location. Universally loathed by BMW faithfuls, and for good reason.

BMW of Arlington (formerly Heishman's): Had a very bad sales experience when I was shopping for my first BMW. Had a very bad sales experience when I was shopping for my second BMW. Their dealership is tiny and hard to get to on route 1. Didn't bother with Arlington at all but instead went to...

Passport BMW: By far the best dealership in the area, but a @*!&% pain to get to! It's way down in Marlow Heights, Maryland, but the sales staff and service department are tops. I used to drive my BMW from Fairfax, VA down to Passport BMW for oil changes because that's how much I hated Fairfax and Arlington. In doing so, I became all too familiar with the hell that is the Wilson Bridge. Thankfully, BMW of Sterling opened up.

BMW of Sterling: The dealership I most recently went to before I sold my 330cic. Haven't dealt with their sales staff, but their service department folks are very friendly, and they do good work. I can only imagine that their salespeople are just as competent. Since nothing in this world is perfect, scheduling a service appointment is an exercise in patience because their lead time is usually 2 weeks or more. Sucky if you need a quick repair done. At least if you're waiting around, you can visit Ferrari of Washington right next door.

VOB: Haven't had too much experience there so can't really comment, but the one time I did visit the showroom, no one took me serioiusly, so I left. I've heard generally good things about them, but no personal experience. Their new dealership is a sight to behold though.

Tischer BMW: Never set foot in this dealership so I have no idea what it's like there.

I'm sure any of these dealers will take your M3 deposit for sticker, but you might be pretty well into the list. In an area where a BMW 3 series is more common than a Honda Civic, I'm sure there are lots of folks waiting for the M3.

-James
330cic - sold...what to get next?
Appreciate 0