BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

05-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
mvillezcas
BMW SD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92

Meguiars D300 true effectiveness

Hi guys, does D300 have any fillers? It seems to do an amazing job. Almost TGTBT results. I have been trying to do some homework on D300/microfiber pad combo and trying to decide whether to switch from my usual paint correction arsenal or not.

I usually have Meg's 105, and quite a few Menzerna products with foam pads for correction.

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Yes it is worth. Very effective.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
mikenap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3(sold) :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Yes it is worth. Very effective.
+1

Any polish has the potential to fill, that's why you should always use an IPA wipedown to inspect for filling. But IME, D300 does what it claims and in some cases you can go straight to LSP without needing a finishing step. That all depends on paint hardness and technique though. The real game changers are the MF pads. Use them with D300, 105, 205, Menz polishes, whatever. They work incredibly well for cutting. For finishing on multi-steps, I still prefer foam though.

BTW, nice signature Martin!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

There are "good silicon's" present, and yes it can slightly fill but with a follow up step(Foam)and finer polish you are golden. Anyway it is a DA orbit action so the worst that happens is haze and no holograms which comes right out with the aforementioned foam pad and finer finishing polishes.

Changed the way experienced guys (Like moi) and newbies could correct paint "With the quickness".
Appreciate 0