BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

DPE Wheels.... My never ending nightmare.

I thought I would tell you all my story thus far with my experience with DPE. I originally ordered my S20's with step lips and matte black centers on April 22, 2011 through DPE, not a dealer. After paying half the amount of the wheels that day I was told these would take 4-6 weeks to get done. On May 27, 2011 I received a call from one of the DPE representatives telling me my wheels would ship out after Memorial Day. When I did not receive an e-mail with a tracking number nor an update, I decided to e-mail them on June 6, 2011. They told me my wheels were in the final stages of being put together and should be shipped out soon. Once again no word from them so I e-mailed them on June 15, 2011 to find out what the deal was and receive no answer at all this time. I e-mail them again on June 22, 2011 telling them how upset I was with the situation at hand and they finally decide to answer because I also had a sponsor on my350z to contact them. They finally decide to tell me they don't have the step lips I wanted and were waiting for the shipment to come in. Figuring it shouldn't take much longer, I decided to give them another opportunity to make this situation right. On July 13, 2011 I e-mail them again giving them an ultimatum of finishing my wheels that week or to give me a full refund. They e-mail me back asking me to call them to discuss options and the person I needed to speak to wasn't there(yet somehow e-mailed me). The next day they call me and reassure me that my wheels will be shipped out the next day. Obviously they missed their ship date yet again. On July 20, 2011 they tell me they finally got my step lips and they were polishing them so they could put them together. Next day I receive an e-mail containing pics of the wheels with an e-mail stating "Here is a shot of the center I just took, and I have the barrels that we got in today when I was supposed to get them on Monday.". That makes me question why are you telling me it was the lips and not the inner barrel. I finally get the wheels at my house AUGUST 10, 2011. After that, I decided I wasn't going to throw the on till next spring since it was too late in the summer for me to justify using them. I put them in my bedroom and leave them there.

The spring comes and I put on the wheels finally. After two weeks of use, one of the wheel's powdercoating chips off with no damage being made from an outside source. I tell DPE about this and they tell me to ship the wheel to them. Being pissed off about this, I tell them I want them to send me a replacement wheel in the mean time or to powdercoat all 4 wheels because I fear the color won't match. They assure me it will match and that they won't send me a replacement for the time being. Just wanting this to be over with, I ship out the wheel and they receive it on May 11 of this year. On June 6 they tell me my wheel should ship out the following week. Obviously since I am posting this I still don't have the wheel. It does not take 5 weeks to strip the paint and powdercoat it. Even if they email me tomorrow saying it was shipped out, it still doesn't excuse these problems. I just want the damn wheel back already so I can sell them since I am getting rid of the car they were on. Never again will I buy a set of wheels from them.

I posted this in here to warn everyone about these problems since I know the e46 guys have had a problem with them in the past.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Let me sit back w/ lots of for this one
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Step lip FTL.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
fugeo
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

major wheel suppliers are not prepared to take care of individual customers. Dealers are more important to them and will always take priority when it comes to processing orders. When I buy wheels I always look for a reputable dealer that has the volume to back them up so they can get your wheels on time.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Step lip FTL.
Lol, i kind of regret getting step lips now. But then again I'm selling the wheels when the one comes back, if ever. I e-mailed them again today demanding they send me the wheel and to ship it using overnight since this is unacceptable and brought up how I felt about their mistreatment in the past. I know I can't speak on the phone with them this time because I will do nothing but curse at them the entire time. Atleast through email I can edit what I say and also keep a tracking of what was said. If they even try to refute any claims, I have every e-mail since the beginning.

This has brought me to never buy a wheel made in the USA again. I will only be buying JDM or BBS wheels from this point forward through dealers. But dealers aren't always safe(not saying anyone on here) as I had one from Honda-tech steal my money for a set of Volks to put towards other passed due orders because he was using funds from the business for personal use. That was a whole forum debacle that resulted in like 50 ppl getting their money stolen from a paying vendor.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Terraforce1
If you ain't first, you're last!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: '14 Boxster GTS + 14' 1199 S

Sorry dude, I hope you get resolution soon. Must be frustrating going through all of that.

Now let's wait for DPE's response
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
Lol, i kind of regret getting step lips now. But then again I'm selling the wheels when the one comes back, if ever. I e-mailed them again today demanding they send me the wheel and to ship it using overnight since this is unacceptable and brought up how I felt about their mistreatment in the past. I know I can't speak on the phone with them this time because I will do nothing but curse at them the entire time. Atleast through email I can edit what I say and also keep a tracking of what was said. If they even try to refute any claims, I have every e-mail since the beginning.

This has brought me to never buy a wheel made in the USA again. I will only be buying JDM or BBS wheels from this point forward through dealers. But dealers aren't always safe(not saying anyone on here) as I had one from Honda-tech steal my money for a set of Volks to put towards other passed due orders because he was using funds from the business for personal use. That was a whole forum debacle that resulted in like 50 ppl getting their money stolen from a paying vendor.
I really do hope you get a resolution. Maybe you pick up a pair of used OEM wheels and be done with the headaches?

I know not everyone likes to be "the same", and customize via wheels. However 95% of the non-OEM wheels I see on M3s around this place just remind me of:

Gold! Step lip! Concave! Check out my stretched tire! Seriously WTF.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

^My new avatar. Thanks.

In hoping for a response from DPE.

Last edited by SoTempted; 06-18-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I really do hope you get a resolution. Maybe you pick up a pair of used OEM wheels and be done with the headaches?

I know not everyone likes to be "the same", and customize via wheels. However 95% of the non-OEM wheels I see on M3s around this place just remind me of:

Gold! Step lip! Concave! Check out my stretched tire! Seriously WTF.
These aren't on a M3, they were on my G37x sedan. I am currently looking for a E92 M3 to replace that with.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugeo View Post
major wheel suppliers are not prepared to take care of individual customers. Dealers are more important to them and will always take priority when it comes to processing orders. When I buy wheels I always look for a reputable dealer that has the volume to back them up so they can get your wheels on time.
NO WAY IN HELL is DPE a "major wheel supplier.". There are NUMEROUS stories like this about not only DPE, but all these mom and pop "wheel companies."
OP, sorry you had to learn the hard way to just buy reputable wheels from reputable shops.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
NO WAY IN HELL is DPE a "major wheel supplier.". There are NUMEROUS stories like this about not only DPE, but all these mom and pop "wheel companies."
OP, sorry you had to learn the hard way to just buy reputable wheels from reputable shops.

The worse part, there are others from the G35/7 community that have had similar problems. I posted this on my350z and one guy said he ordered his wheels in either January or February and still doesn't have them from DPE. Even on the G37 forum, everyone has known about the original problem since I did post it up and included the original emails that time. I decided to spread the word after my next problem with them and the amount of time it takes for them to remedy it. I'm pretty much at the point of telling them to ship me the wheel even if it is in pieces.

This is a reputable members post about them on the g35 forums:
Quote:
I was given the runaround for about 7 weeks after specified delivery date, ignored phone calls, lied to me about ready dates.

Upon delivery, the finish of the faces weren't 100% and was told I could get them refinished free of charge. Once I dropped them off to get refinished, I opted to pay extra to get the chrome barrels and brushed faces. I waited almost 2 months to get them back and when I did get them back they weren't 100% true and I had to load an assload of weights on them to balance. Also, one of the lips had a flaw in the chrome...

So they offered to fix all of this. Mind you, I have spent $240 to mount, dismount, mount, dismount and mount the tires out of my pocket due to their problems.

3 months later, I finally am given the go ahead to pick the wheels up and when I showed up after a 2 and a half hour drive, the wheel that had the chrome flaw hadn't been touched. Waited ANOTHER month to get the damn wheel back.

Long story short, out of the 14 months from the time they took my money from me, my wheels were in my possession for only 4 months. And...out of the 4 months, they weren't even 100%.

Needless to say, I will never spend a dime with them again. I had nothing but problems from day one.
If you look at Stancenation, you have seen the car the owner is talking about.

Last edited by TeRRoRiFiC35; 06-18-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

And if they decide to answer in here, these are the emails from last summer minus the one containing the pics of the wheels which made me question everything and the tracking number:

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:41 PM
To: Sean@DPE
Subject: Re: FW: Price inquery

Photo's? And I might as well bring this in. If my wheels are not shipped by Friday, this order is getting cancelled. You told me THE LATEST these would ship was TUESDAY..... It is now Wednesday, I have no pics, and the wheels aren't shipped. This is just becoming a headache now. This is the 13th week. I was frustrated last week and this is just making me angrier now. No matter what I shouldn't be forced to wait any longer than this. And since you failed once again to get my ship date correct, I want to know what you are going to do to make this right. Upgrading the shipping now is not good enough.
Quote:
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,

Working on getting the photo’s, I have not forgotten.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Quote:
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 12:12 PM
To: sean@dpe-wheels.com
Any pics of the complete product?
Quote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM, sean@dpe-wheels.com <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,

I will Cally oh today around noon as I am in production till then.

Thank you
Quote:
To: "Sean@DPE" <sean@dpe-wheels.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 14, 2011 13:02:43 GMT+00:00

I called yesterday and whoever I talked to said you would give me a call back........
Quote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,
I completely understand your frustration as we are at the end of the road with the U.S suppliers on barrels. Please give me a call today and I can discuss a few options with you on what we can do to solve the issue at hand.

Thank you,
Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:09 AM

Well Sean, here we are another 3 weeks in and I have yet to hear from you. This makes this now a total of 12 weeks, double the amount of the longest time you said the wheels would be shipped. I am at a loss for words of how pissed off I am right now with this situation. I find this to be highly unacceptable right now since I could have received a set of wheels from Japan by now if I had ordered them. At this point if you do not have the step lips in your possession as of today, I would like to get a FULL refund on this order. If you didn't have the lips when you called me, you shouldn't have told me when they were going to be shipped. You can go blame your distributor of the step lips for this all you want but it doesn't excuse not making me aware of the problem. As I stated before, I would like a full refund and be done with this nonsense if you don't have the lips in and are going to ship my wheels today.
Quote:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Hey Shaun,

I do apologize for the very long wait as I know you have been patient. To be honest, the wheels were ready but we have been back ordered on the outer step lips. That’s why this is taking quite some time. We are currently working on expediting all step lip orders as they have been back ordered.

Thank you,
Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:10 AM

Sean,

I'm very curious as to what point of finishing these you are at. You called me almost 4 weeks ago telling me these will be shipped June 3. Here we are 19 days after that June 3 date. Have the face and inner barrel even been to the powdercoater? We are already over the 4-6 weeks you quoted me would be the build time (it has actually been over 8 weeks now). I just want to know what point we are at right now cause final stages tells me nothing. And what has the delay been?
Quote:
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Hey Shaun,

Still working on the final stages of getting the wheels done for you. I will let you know as soon we they are being shipped so we can take care of the balance.

Thank you,
Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Quote:
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: FW: Price inquery
Hey Sean,

I was wondering if my wheels were on track to be shipped out this week. I know you guys were busy getting ready for wekfest so no big deal.

Quote:
"Sean@DPE" <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,

The wheels will be shipped via fedex for you.

Thank you
Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:43 AM
Subject: RE: FW: Price inquery

Hey Sean,

Forgot to ask you this on Friday. Which shipping company are you going to use to ship these? I would prefer FedEx if these aren't being shipped freight because I can get them rerouted to one of their stores that I can pick them up whenever I want since I know this would need a signature verification. UPS is a pain in the *** because their facility closes at 6 and isn't open on Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Unfortunately, this isn't the first story I've heard like this involving DPE. I was considering their wheels myself but decided on HRE instead after talking to people who have had experiences with both companies.
      06-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

This is the damage I was speaking about

To me, I thought it would spread.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

I just got off the phone with them. I didn't want to speak on the phone with them because I knew they would make me angry and they did. First Sean says he was going to send my wheel overnight now that is done UNTIL he and the other people read my posts and were "appauled" I would handle this situation like this. They then wanted to know how I would like to pay for shipping. I of course at this point become LIVID and tell them I refuse to pay for shipping back had I known they would try that I would have never shipped them the wheel in the first place. He then goes on about why I would bring up stuff in the past. There is a simple reason, it shows a damn pattern of my problems leading up to this. Then he goes on to say he will be posting up ALL the emails between us. Go the **** ahead, it still doesn't excuse all the missed ship dates and why it took over 5 weeks for you to get this done this time. Then he tries to say he hasn't had it since the date I said. Well here you go asshole, here is the Fedex tracking number: 468600115169885. We go back and forth, I am livid already and I hang up the phone.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

And all the emails this time around
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

Apr 15

to sean
Hey Sean,

I ordered a set of S20's off you last year. I finally got around to putting these on two weeks ago. When I was cleaning my car today I found something that disturbed me, part of the paint on the front wheels chipped off. I have attached pics of it. Just thought I would show you this because this doesn't look right to me. This happened within the last 3 days because I washed my car on Thursday and that wasn't there.
Quote:
Sean@DPE via yourhostingaccount.com

Apr 16

to me

Hi Shaun,

From the looks of the photo’s you sent me, there is no way to specifically determine the cause of the damage. It can be a series of multiple causes that this happened. I have looked up your old order and your wheels are still under warranty until the end of this month. If you would like to send us the wheel back, I can have it examined to specifically identify the cause and hopefully cover it under warranty.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

Apr 16

to sean
Well here is my problem Sean, right now these are my only set of wheels with tires. My OEM's don't have tires on them right now because I wore those down to the bone and took off the tires in anticipation of throwing on Blizzaks once winter came closer. This is also on my daily driver which is AWD so I can't roll around for long distances on the spare without messing up my differential.
Quote:

Apr 16

to me

Shaun,

I understand and this is not an ideal situation to be in. At this point, I can make a note on the order to keep this under warranty for the time being.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

Apr 16

to sean
Forgot to mention this also. If you find that it was in fact the powdercoating that did in fact flake off, that would mean it would need to be redone. And if it would need to be redone, I would want all the wheels redone because they would all run the risk of the same thing happening and the color has a high risk of not matching the other 3 wheels.

As you can see from the wheels in the pic, there is absolutely no other damage to the wheel besides paint missing. It's missing in a weird section also for any damage to occur from the possibility of road debris.
Quote:

Apr 16

to me

Shaun,

If we find that it is a powder issue, we would just re-done the one center that has the issue. We will only warranty was is a defective part and are not able to warranty parts that have no issue. The matte black powder is a standard powder coat which has never had the problem of not matching as we do repairs all the time.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

Apr 19

to sean
Sean,

What is the address I should send this one wheel to? Should I enclose anything with it? I should be sending it back to you sometime next week.
Quote:

Apr 20

to me

Shaun,

Please make sure the tire is dismounted and the wheel is packed properly in the box. We do not want any damages to the wheel on its way here. Once this is complete, let me know and I will forward you our address.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

Apr 27

to sean
Sean,

I should be able to send the wheel out on Monday. I took the wheels off last Saturday night but haven't had time to get the tire dismounted because of my new job. Thought I would update you.
Quote:

Apr 27

to me

Shaun,

Get in touch with me on Monday to confirm shipping (1) wheel back.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

May 3

to sean
Hey Sean,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've been working late every night at my new job. I plan to ship the wheel out tomorrow either during my lunch or after work. What is the address this should go to? Should I include anything inside the box? I already have the wheel covered with bubble wrap and shrink wrap.
Quote:

May 4

to me

Shaun,

Please make sure the wheel is packed properly. If you can include my name somewhere in there and also identify the problem.

Our address is:

188 Technology Drive.

Suite G

Irvine, ca 92618

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

May 5

to sean
Tracking Number 468600115169885 Fedex

Your name is on the box and in a little letter inside the box.
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

May 21

to sean
What was your conclusion as to why the paint chipped off? When should I be getting the rim back?
Quote:

May 21

to me

Shaun,

The center is being stripped now. Once complete, we will re-powder coat.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:

Jun 6 (12 days ago)

to me

Shaun,

Your wheel will be ready to ship out early next week!

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

www.dpe-wheels.com
Quote:
Shaun Gleeson

Jun 18 (1 day ago)

to sean
Where is the wheel? It has been a full 5 weeks now that it has been in
your possession and that is beyond long enough to strip and repaint
the wheel. After the HUGE mess you put me through the first time to
get these, I expected better service for a flaw on a product you
provided but once again I was proved wrong. If you want to tell me it
is your powdercoaters fault it is taking this long, I don't care
because the turn around time to do what needed to be done is NO LONGER
THAN A WEEK AND A HALF. This is the EXACT reason why I asked you to
provide a temporary set because I had the feeling something like this
would happen. I want the wheel OVERNIGHTED now, that is the least you
can do for all the headaches you have caused me. I would also like to
point out that my warrenty shouldn't have ended when it did since I
didn't get the wheels the first time around till AUGUST. Once again, I
want the wheel back.
Quote:

1:27 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Shaun,

I have tried calling you with no answer. Please give me a call at my
office.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
www.dpe-wheels.com
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

They should definitely cover return shipping, if you paid to get the wheel back to them.

Overnight shipping is probably $100+, so don't count on that. But that is a damn long time to get your wheel back.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Damn son!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
J0J0
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would first like to apologize to the owners, the moderators, and the community of this forum for responding to this thread on behalf of DPE as we are currently not a sponsor. However, I feel it is required for DPE to respond.

That being said, I would also like to apologize to terrorific35 for your experience in 2011. I would also be frustrated with the delay. In manners such as this, it is not the intention of the representative give you the run around or what appeared to be. From the manner you described, it seems as if the communication and/or information should have been handled better, but in all fairness ... there are always varying accounts of a situation. This doesn't mean I do not believe you, I am merely stating there is always variances of a situation. I will say it isn't your problem if there is a backorder with steplips by our lip supplier (this happens to all custom wheels companies at one time or another), or if powdercoat has a bottleneck because in the end you are doing business with DPE not our outsourced vendors. Our representative informs you not as an excuse, but an explanation on what is going on. Regarding your statement "That makes me question why are you telling me it was the lips and not the inner" ... lips, rims, barrels terminology are all one in the same as there is an inner lip and outer lip, etc. So it was more of a misunderstanding regarding terminology in your statement.

Due to the extreme delay with the steplip backorder in 2011, I am not sure why it wasn't mentioned that the DPE represenative and yourself worked together at the time to your satisfaction by way of compensation of one form or another hence no post of your dissatisfaction or frustration in 2011.

Regarding your powdercoat issue, please also know our situation as we were notified of the powdercoat a year later from delivery, but the representative understood that due to the climate of the state you live in, you waited a year to install them, thus would be covered under warranty. Please also understand that many customers, not insinuating you of course, mistakenly may spray them with harmful chemicals causing this, but in light of what you explained to the representative, he warrantied it. The reason why the representative didn't send you a replacement in the meantime is we do not stock wheels as we are built to order. Regarding all 4 being re-powdercoated to match ... it is not a custom color or some form of anodize, which would require that ... it is black. If it was, DPE would have brought all 4 back.

Lastly, nothing is being taken into account that the wheel took 7 days in shipping to be received by DPE. The stripping and repowdercoat of the wheel and assembly should not have taken more than 2 weeks, but it has taken longer due to circumstances that are not your problem. The representative who worked with you in 2011 and working on your powdercoat warranty issue now was unaware of your frustration as no calls have been made to DPE regarding. Your wheel is complete and he has attempted to call you without success.

It is everyone's right to post on the forums and share good and bad experiences, but I feel it is equally important for both accounts of the situations are expressed so that the members that chime in or don't chime in, are allowed to make decisions based on both views. DPE like any company has issues or problems whether what the end customer's account is valid or invalid ... we always resolve or work together with the end customer if we are made aware of the issue. Perhaps the reason why you do not see many of these types of threads over our 9 yr history is most end customers inform us and we always take care of them regardless if they state they will post on the forums or not. If a company after being informed of a situation/issue does not offer solutions or resolve things, then the experience should be shared with the public on the forums. I do not see the point of sharing past experiences that have been agreed and resolved by both parties in the past or posting dissatisfaction with something without contacting the company first to give them the opportunity to fix whatever the issue is.

Note: I only know of one wheel brand in the USA that powdercoats in-house while the others outsource it ... at times to the same powdercoat vendor.

I am sure the DPE representative will continue to attempt to contact you via phone to further discuss.

Addendum after DPE rep spoke to Terrorific35: Sean informed me the two of you spoke. As grown adults attempting to resolve matters, it is imporant that cursing and yelling is not done when trying to discuss things to work together. Due to the extended delay with the repair, Sean stated that he would be shipping to you at DPE's expense, but you insisted on cursing while demanding overnight. At that time instead of cursing, yelling, and hanging up, perhaps requesting to speak to a supervisor who can make that call would have been the best. Your wheel is completed and will be shipped to you and he will provide tracking.

DPE does not wish to have an online battle of views or what has transpired. Issue in 2011, was mutually agreed and compensation was given back in 2011. The 2012 repowdercoat under warranty was delayed, but is now complete and will be shipped at DPE's expense as discussed. Continued cursing by Terrorific35 both online and via phone as well as yelling and hanging up via phone is not a manner in which adults should conduct themselves especially while trying to work together to resolve any issues. Thus, we will not longer respond to this thread moving forward. I have had the opportunity to respond on behalf of DPE. It is Terrorific35's right to continue to post and it is apparent his account of his conversation with the DPE representative varies. Unfortunately, he will not be satisfied nor would be with anything DPE would try to work with him on.

Thank you,

Jojo Cagungun
Co-owner DPE Wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #20
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

Once again you lie. I received nothing in 2011. I started cursing at Sean on the phone when he called me a liar. Your employee called me once this entire time, today while I was driving home. I called him back as soon as I got home. I spoke sternly to him the entire time up till the point he called me a liar, then I became livid. If you record your calls, please post it up as I want EVERYONE to listen to it.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #21
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

I never asked for anything but the damn wheel back. What will make me happy? Having the wheel back so I can sell the set to get them out of my eyesight.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

Why didn't you call me Jojo, you know how upset I was this entire time yet I don't hear from one of the 3 owners...... Once again, post the recorded conversation.
Appreciate 0