ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
kleenE85
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMW OEM strut bar

So I'm in search of a oem BMW front strut bar....I see that getbmwparts has a $15 off coupon right now...any other sites I should try?
Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

The only site I have ever found to be cheaper than Tischer (getbmwparts) was bmwmercedesparts but they dont quote shipping when you buy and dont ship as quickly... Tischer has very fast turnaround vs bmwmercedesparts will email you a week after you bought your item to say it shipped.

bmwmercedesparts I have only ever seen being cheaper by about 5-15%. I spent $300 the other day on parts and bmwmercedesparts was EXACTLY the same as Tischer when the Tischer July 4 discount was applied

In the future unless I am buying thousands worth of items and the 15% savings would be substantial, I will just go to Tischer. Quicker turnaround, more reliable. I have never had a problem with getbmwparts
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I just bought the OEM Strut Bar from Tomkinson BMW Parts (www.tomkinsonbmwparts.com) because they had the lowest price of any one I checked. Because I also ordered some larger items (left front wheel well liner and center underbody panel) the shipping was a whopping ~$80. I dropped those two items from the order and the shipping dropped to a more reasonable ~$20. I ended up ordering those two items from my local dealer with my BMW CCA discount.

However, their credit card verification method completely sucks. If you haven't ordered from them before, they require you to e-mail them a scan of your credit card, front and back, and a scan of your driver license!

Since my wife has the capability to scan to a PDF at work, she scanned her credit card, front and back, creating a PDF and then password protected the PDF, and e-mailed it. She sent the password in a separate e-mail, but Tomkinson claimed that they never got that e-mail. This was on a Friday so we had to wait until Monday to resend the password (when they found the original e-mail). Bottom line, this process delayed the shipment so I didn't get it until after July 4th, when I had planned on installing it. Now it's waiting until tomorrow for me to install it.

I find it hard to believe that a brick and mortar store like Tomkinson BMW requires someone to scan their credit card and a driver license and e-mail those to them in an open e-mail that anyone could intercept. Completely lame!

Appreciate 0